What's new

Demul v0.7a alpha 2015/12/18

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
This is the mirror of the download available on the http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=503&start=160

by many requests we decide to make public build of emulator to show and share current stage of its development.
its an alpha/preview quality product so take it AS IS.
it includes new features and new systems mentioned in this topic, many bugs fixed, as well as several unfinished parts, like new DX11NG render.
enjoy.

quick followup:
- somewhat fixed save/load state for DX11NG
- adjusted sound volume, was too loud, notable in Atomiswave games

more bugfixes:
- better G2 DMA edge cases handling
- brake in Atomiswave racing games works again
- fix crash in ROM-based SystemSP games
- weird AICA LSA/LEA handling tweaks

Current changelog:

18.12.2015 UPDATE

- SH4 MMU optimizations, many WinCE games works at fullspeen on ~recent PCs
- Tile Accelerator rewrite&optimize
- Xinput devices without vibration supported
- automatic DC video mode selection
- simple deinterlace for TV-modes
- fix rotate and aspect ratio
- optional Bilinear filter
- libchd doesn't require SSSE3 anymore
- crash fix at exit after fullscreen switching (I hope)
- gdrImage subcodes emulation fixes and improvements
- gdrImage fix cue/bin booting support
- SH4 exceptions handlindg fixes
- Supid Invaders boots now
- fixes for recent indie games
- sync romset with current MAME
- other minor things was fixed or rewritten, I forget about

Attachments

• demul07a_110715.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,119
  • demul07a_181215.7z
    2.5 MB · Views: 7,177
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Demul v0.7 alpha 090715

another quickfix:
- fixed broken a long time ago SH3 serial port, Cave Medal Mahjong playable again
- minor romset correction

Attachments

• demul07a_090715.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,034

ReyVGM

Are Save States not working?

I'm using demul07a_090715, with the dx11ng plugin (Samurai Shodown 6 for atomiswave doesn't seem to work with dx10 or dx11), and every time I press the save load key, the emulator crashes.

It worked fine on DEmul 0.582.

emusa

Thank you so much for the update(s)! I love this emulator and I am thrilled to have a new beta/alpha on my hands :)

Could you please answer the following questions:

1. Are there any known regressions compared to 0.582? Or is it best to just switch over to the newest version for all systems (especially Dreamcast, Naomi, Atomiswave)?

2. Could you provide a changelog? I am very curious to hear about the improvements made in the emulation of systems!

3. Have you just focused on better arcade emulation, or has Dreamcast emulation improved as well? Any improvements on the WinCE front?

4. What does the new GPU plugin GPUdx11ng do, compared to the regular dx11 plugin? For which games/systems is it recommended to use?

Thanks again & keep up the fantastic work!

Kind regards.

Lindiu

Is possible to use DX10 plugin?, I have a Radeon 4550 because I want 15khz and this card is not a DX11 compatible.

DarthMarino

Is there a way to adjust the deadzone in the 0.7? I change it in Demul as well as the .ini and it doesn't make any difference in the actual game. It's especially noticeable in Maximum Speed.

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
more bugfixes:
- better G2 DMA edge cases handling
- brake in Atomiswave racing games works again
- fix crash in ROM-based SystemSP games
- weird AICA LSA/LEA handling tweaks

Download above!

ReyVGM

Do you guys check the google bug tracker, or is there some other place where people post bugs/requests? Because the google one has reports that are years old and I'm wondering if maybe they have been forgotten.

I thought that maybe it was because the development was inactive, but now I see that it was just done privately.

Last edited:

spearmintGum64

Thanks for keep the project alive.

I’m trying to play Shenmue 2 and the “Now loading” screen never ends. In GD-ROM plugin I’m using “gdrImage”.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do you actually have a graphics card that supports DirectX11? Are you graphics card drivers up to date?