Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MetalliC View Post
    people, are you really know what are you talking about ?
    I don't think they do know . Don't know why certain emulators are way overhyped while others are underhyped. Too much bias, imo.

As for open source, it depends on whether or not others are actually willing to help. There needs to be enough interest.

Quote Originally Posted by theboy181 View Post
    Dolphin is a rare case where open source has benefited a project as delicate. Look at Pj64, it went open source and there is not a dream team that has improved emulation as rapidly. It is rare to find an open source so organized and goal orientated.

However, its was quite some time before N64 emulators went open source that popularity of the emulators dropped. Hard to say if there is a lot of interest in DreamCast emulation.
    First of all, Dolphin aint special. Just happens to be that Gamecube and Wii are popular systems, therefore more interest. Secondly, I think Project64 is doing pretty well. Especially considering how inactive the N64 emulation scene is, overall. Thirdly, several N64 emulators were open source early on.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh .. wow a N64 dev.... we have been set straight.. This is coming from a dev that just recently said he understands why people don't open source, and that he would rather keep hes code private.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalliC View Post
    yes, this happens on ATI/AMD videocards only, as well as on any other Dreamcast emulator I know
    so I'm pretty sure its caused by some ATI drivers dirty hacks (they call it "optimizations" lol)
    sadly there no workarounds known, believe me we tried to find them.
    Actually Makaron doesn't display many of these texture anomalies on my end, so surely it is possible to get around most of AMD's hacks in order to properly render textures although I'm not imploring you spend more time on it than you already have. Makaron does however have another anomaly in which some polygons will end up missing. I guess you can't have it perfect with AMD no matter which way you slice it.

Demul developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I know, previous Makaron versions had the same issues, latest does not. it's author doesn't know what exactly fixed texture glitches, he says he do nothing especially for this. must be some random changes triggered this bug.

you know, if you waste enough of time, it is possible to do anything, even bite own ass , but I do not want. there too many human resources was wasted on this and several others ATI glitches already.

FWIW in this emulator only one workaround for Nvidia bug.
    Last edited by MetalliC; July 19th, 2015 at 21:56.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can you please add a hide mouse cursor option? This is the only emulator that does not have an option to hide mouse cursor

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deathace View Post
    Can you please add a hide mouse cursor option? This is the only emulator that does not have an option to hide mouse cursor
    Use an invisible cursor icon in control panel. It works for now.

Thank you MetalliC for the update!!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Though I noticed in some games (i.e. Virtua Striker 3) audio quality has got worse in version 0.7 alpha 190715, I' m sure You'll fix this and other things, so keep up the good work, boys!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It,s a shame I can,t to play to the games of last version of demul.
    I have tested the new version 19-7-2015 of demul and has the same issue of sound in all games and the video only goes to 25 fps.
    Only works perfect all games in my pc i7 2600 64 bits ,9500GT using the plungin gpuDX10.dll with the version 0.52.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone tried AMD's Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)? Perhaps it would give a better image in the new DX11 plugin, since upping internal res isn't available yet

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulstar View Post
    Anyone tried AMD's Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)? Perhaps it would give a better image in the new DX11 plugin, since upping internal res isn't available yet
    I think you need to be able to change the resolution to do this, no?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast