What's new

Demul v0.7a alpha 2015/12/18

papermanzero

I didn't try HotD2 so far.
But the rest works great.

It would be great if the demul team could add texture filtering in the stackable shader section.
A bilinear, 2xsai, ... filter would be great to enhance textures and texts.
But the overall impression is really great.
Thank you so much for the emulator.

Last edited:

Boulotaur2024

Save states don't seem to be working when playing Shenmue. Is this global issue or just this one game?
I can quick save and quick load perfectly fine during the game. But whenever I reset Shenmue the quick load immediately crashes the emu and that is a severe regression to me.

I know you guys don't owe me anything and that you're doing this for free but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this update after nearly 2 years. The timing would have been great with the recent Shemue 3 announcement. Imagine that, finally a really working emulator to play Shenmue 1 & 2.
So far I haven't seen any performance/accuracy increase at least with Shenmue 1, during all of the opening. Audio playback is somewhat glichy (garbled sound) in this part as well. I don't think 0.582 had any of this.

Oh well, thank you for this update anyway !

MetalliC

Demul developer
Anyone else still having flickering textures in House of the Dead 2?
yes, this happens on ATI/AMD videocards only, as well as on any other Dreamcast emulator I know
so I'm pretty sure its caused by some ATI drivers dirty hacks (they call it "optimizations" lol)
sadly there no workarounds known, believe me we tried to find them.

I can quick save and quick load perfectly fine during the game. But whenever I reset Shenmue the quick load immediately crashes the emu and that is a severe regression to me.
actually savestates always was a huge hack, and worked only because of some miracle ;)
its highly recommended to use them only "inside of game", for example to pass through some hard place in the game, but do not recommended to use as real game progress save, well, because you can loose it in any moment.
all above is about all emulator versions, not only latest alpha.

MetalliC

Demul developer
welcome,
sadly HOTD2 is only one from many other games having the same texture distortion issues, many of them doesn't have win ports.
anyway my next GPU will be not AMD, I'm sick enough of this (and many other) glitches already...

coffeelover239

I noticed the card reader systems have been emulated for Initial D and Club Kart, however, there seems to be an error to where it acts as if a card is already inserted. I have no idea how to remove it. Does anyone know how to remove it?

coffeelover239

That's not the error I'm getting. I can't attach seem to attach a picture for some reason, so I'll state what It said here. "Unable to read the card currently inserted. Please remove the card."

Last edited:

Pulstar

I managed to fix this issue according to the instructions above. You have to disable card reader R/W in the BIOS.

coffeelover239

Yeah, but I'm using the alpha build, and earlier, I was able to use the reader system in Club Kart, I wish I could attach the picture, but I can't. But if this is all I can do, I can only hope it will be completed in the final build, either way, it seems progress is coming along very well.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I still can't post the the picture with the error. (I get the error Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words.) But I've uploaded it to my pictures library so everyone can see it, and maybe help out.

MetalliC

Demul developer
magnetic card readers not (yet) properly emulated, yeah it even pass read/write/clean tests in game test mode, but ingame there very weird things happens during card presence detection. so disable them for now in game assignments.

however, RFID smart cards and readers used in GD-ROM versions of Virtua Fighter 4 is emulated, enable Naomi -> LLE MIE if you need them.
but anyway its not really usable now - internet access to Sega servers (if it still alive?) needed for all features to be available (ie various unlockables, character naming, etc)

Last edited:

coffeelover239

Yeah, that is true. While Club Kart may work fine if I just use the default card, Initial D won't, so I'll probably disable for those games, but leave it for Club Kart. Either way, the progress seems to be coming along well, So hopefully, things turn out good in the next build.

Pulstar

MetalliC, thanks again for the team's efforts. I want to ask, is there a possibility for an "extra geometry" option in the future? Some games actually work fine with this, and it suits widescreen monitors.

kanario40

I have tested demul 0.7 alpha with i7 3.4gh and window 7 y 64 bits and all the games work very nice but the sound in all them it,s,distorted.
Does anyone has the same issue? I have all options of audio no selected and thel buffer to 2048.