What's new

Demul , unable to load SPU plugin...

Dafty

Hi all

I have a problem with Demul, when I launch it is unable de load SPU plugin but fact is I have the plugin

Do you know where the bug could came ?

As you can see on the two screen , I can't choose which sound plugin ( 1 ) but I have the plugin in Romset ( 2 ) so... what's going on ?

Thanx in advance for your replies ! I hope you can help me :(

EDIT: azoreseuropa quotes: "I just fix the pictures for you."

1)
928880abcd.png

2)
762565azazazazazazaz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

typeAlpha

Shouldn't your plugin DLL's be in a folder called plugins (Demul\plugins). If that folder doesn't exist, create it then copy the dll's there and try again.

spotanjo3

I just fix the pictures for you.

You will need to tell us your PC and what demul version do you have ? Demul 0.581 is the best one for now. Did you tried it ?

OP
D

Dafty

Raaah sorry on the heat of the moment I forgot the most important...
So

Demul 0.580
Windows 7 SP1 - 64Bits
8.00 Go Ram
Intel Core i5-4590 3.30 GHz 3.30GHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 640

Also on the screen this is in Romset but it is also in the folder Plugin !

Will try 0.581 though.

P.S: Thanx for fixing the pictures !

Edit:
same on 0.581... SPU keep not loading

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Raaah sorry on the heat of the moment I forgot the most important...
So

Demul 0.580
Windows 7 SP1 - 64Bits
8.00 Go Ram
Intel Core i5-4590 3.30 GHz 3.30GHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 640

Also on the screen this is in Romset but it is also in the folder Plugin !

Will try 0.581 though.

P.S: Thanx for fixing the pictures !

Edit:
same on 0.581... SPU keep not loading

Did you update the latest DirectX?

Or

Can you delete the old ini and create one new ?

P.S. You're welcome. :D

Last edited:
OP
D

Dafty

Normally yes DirectX is updated.

Well I could but which ".ini" you talk about ? A ini in Demul or in my computer ? (like directx.ini )

In the last case how could I find it ? Because when I search Directx I just have .dll files of random game , none directx.exe or directx.ini

Sorry for nooby :/

spotanjo3

No worries. We are here to help you out. :)

Wait.. Do you have spuDemul.dll in the plugin ?

P.S. I test and it works fine. Make sure that spuDemul.dll is in the plugin folder.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dafty

As you can see on the screen, my plugin folder:

333087blabla.png

Edit:
I just tested with Demul 851. It can't find neither video or audio pluging. Then if I had the .dll of "" GPU Plugin with SSE2 enabled for DEmul x86 v0.56 "" It find video plugin , but still can't find any audio.

Does the fact I have 64 bits computer may interact with that . Maybe the spu is 32bits , no ?

typeAlpha

Your plugins path needs changing to C:\Demul\Plugins\

Your Rom's & Bios path needs changing to C:\Demul\Romset\

...also your nvram path more than likely needs changing to C:\Demul\nvram\ from the looks of it.

Bit hard to tell because we can't see your directory structure in the screenshots. Assuming you are running Demul from C:\Demul then my advice should be correct.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dafty

133176Sanstitre1.jpg

Is there something wrong ? I don't think so :unsure:

typeAlpha

Weird, the only thing strange about that image is you don't have any .ini files for the plugins like mine :

EDIT: azoreseuropa quotes: "I fix it for you."

demul.jpg

Maybe try starting from scratch?

Also, is that Hyper Dimension Neptunia I see in your BD-ROM drive? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Can you post the contents of your Demul.ini ? Maybe you could try editing the sound plugin manually, should be like this on yours :

[plugins]
directory = C:\Users\PC\Desktop\demul\plugins\
gdr = gdrImage.dll
gpu = gpuDX11.dll
spu = spuDemul.dll
pad = padDemul.dll
net = netDemul.dll

spotanjo3

Actually, if you have 64bit then 32bit doesn't matter. By the way, did you point the path to plugins correctly. Try select it and point it to plugins again.

EDIT: Try delete demul.ini but first point the path to plugins again and if it didn't work then deleted demul.ini and run demul again.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dafty

Azoreseuropa > Yes I tried many time and still doesn't work

typeAlpha > Well yep the ini doesn't have spu as you can see
[plugins]
directory = C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Demul\Romset\
gdr = gdrDemul.dll
gpu = gpuDXLegacy.dll
spu =
pad = padDemul.dll
net = netPlay.dll

But when I edit it , it keep f**** delet it... I don't know what to do :'( But at least we find where is the problem no ?

Thanx a lot for your support both of you !

P.S: Yup this is neptunia , I have to continue it haha I stopped like 1 week ago , *sigh* it's sometime hard to folow the story if all the dialogue you know , "cause as you saw I'm not english .

spotanjo3

Azoreseuropa > Yes I tried many time and still doesn't work

typeAlpha > Well yep the ini doesn't have spu as you can see
[plugins]
directory = C:\Users\PC\Desktop\Demul\Romset\
gdr = gdrDemul.dll
gpu = gpuDXLegacy.dll
spu =
pad = padDemul.dll
net = netPlay.dll

But when I edit it , it keep f**** delet it... I don't know what to do :'( But at least we find where is the problem no ?

Thanx a lot for your support both of you !

P.S: Yup this is neptunia , I have to continue it haha I stopped like 1 week ago , *sigh* it's sometime hard to folow the story if all the dialogue you know , "cause as you saw I'm not english .

That's strange. Then we don't have other options for you. :(

I am not English either. You are doing fine as long as we can read your English. That's what matter. :) Where are you from, may I ask?

OP
D

Dafty

Owww... Don't you know where it could came ? Like because of anti-virus or some things like that ?
Maybe I could try an other emulator ? It's just for playing to Shenmue 1 et 2... nothing else...

Ho and yes of course, I'm from france. :)

typeAlpha

Have you tried editing it then making it Read Only? It's a very strange problem. Have you tried downloading the latest 0.582 and extracting to your Demul folder (also deleting Demul.ini before you run it)?

Your English is very good ^_^ Neptunia is such a great game I'm about 16 hours in to it. かわいい!

Owww... Don't you know where it could came ? Like because of anti-virus or some things like that ?
Maybe I could try an other emulator ? It's just for playing to Shenmue 1 et 2... nothing else...

If you can't get Demul to work then your next option for Shenmue would probably be nullDC, specifically the build from here that contains a few fixes but still isn't perfect: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=46995

OP
D

Dafty

Yes in read only the Demul.ini doesn't change , BUT the sound option still blank even if the .ini say the good path...

I know nullDC too but fact is , this one give me 0xc000007b error , which is a really tricky error hard to resolve.

Your English is very good ^_^ Neptunia is such a great game I'm about 16 hours in to it. かわいい!

Thanx and yup I will play it then :)

typeAlpha

Yes in read only the Demul.ini doesn't change , BUT the sound option still blank even if the .ini say the good path...

Can you put your Demul folder into a zip and upload it to a free file host for me to download? Obviously don't zip up any game roms though to keep the file size down. Then I will check if it works on my PC, if it does then we know it is a problem with your PC, if it doesn't then I will try and see if I can get it to work for you and tell you what you need to change.

typeAlpha

OK, I got it to work and see the sound plugin but the emulator would just crash all the time, I'm not sure why I think you might have had plugins from different versions mixed in there? Anyway I got it working on my PC and updated it to v0.581. I've uploaded it here for you : https://www.sendspace.com/file/fv6uul Delete your old files first because some of your plugins were causing problems.