What's new

Demul , unable to load SPU plugin...

OP
D

Dafty

Curious.. Where did you downloaded it from ? The best to download is at:

http://demul.emulation64.com

Well I downloaded from same link as you provided ! I just found the BIOS in other website since it's not legal to give it.

Thanx for your upload I will test it right away and update my post as soon as I tested it

EDIT:

Still doesn't works... I even tried to desactivate my AV. I guess theres is something to do with my sys32 , like for the 0xc000007b error , but I honnestly don't have the mind to search that for now

Thanx a lot for your patience both of you ! I guess I will never play shenmue : /
Thanx you !

Last edited:

typeAlpha

Ah that's really strange, must be something to do with the rest of your system :( You could try making sure Direct X is up to date, running these two : DirectX 11 update : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805 DirectX 9 update : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 Install both of these. Then there's Microsoft Visual C++ files : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 and the 64bit version : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Reboot after installing those, if it still doesn't work I think your only other option is Makaron : http://www.zophar.net/dreamcast/makaron.html

I'm not sure how well it plays Shenmue though I have used it for SNK vs Capcom before and it played that very well. Good luck and hope you manage to fix your system eventually!

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Hey, you are better off going to demul forum and asked the developer there. He own Demul emulator and the forum. He is a Russian but he speaks English as well. He is the best person that can answer to your question.

OP
D

Dafty

typeAlpha> Well I already did that before and still doesn't work... BUT since I still have 0xc00007b error on nullDC for exemple maybe the problem still here !

It will maybe sound crazy so that's why I ask you this, do you think I could delet every files of C++ , or it is too risky/Crazy ?

Like uninstalling everything in the red square , then re-installing via your link ? Yay or Nay ?

578287Sanstitre.png

Makaron give me also error so before trying to resolve it maybe this solution is better isn't it ?

In case you want to know the Makaron's error it is this one
Code:
<Open errror> (-1012) in module Makaron: WinMain - 
Makaron.GlownaPetla -> Makaron.Uruchom -> MMAP.WczytajBIOS
(G:\Makaron\ROM\Dreamcast_BIOS_USA.bin)

Waiting for your though on "my idea" before trying to resolve makaron or going for azoreseuropa's solution

Thanx again !

Last edited by a moderator:

spotanjo3

typeAlpha> Well I already did that before and still doesn't work... BUT since I still have 0xc00007b error on nullDC for exemple maybe the problem still here !

It will maybe sound crazy so that's why I ask you this, do you think I could delet every files of C++ , or it is too risky/Crazy ?

Like uninstalling everything in the red square , then re-installing via your link ? Yay or Nay ?

578287Sanstitre.png

Makaron give me also error so before trying to resolve it maybe this solution is better isn't it ?

In case you want to know the Makaron's error it is this one
Code:
<Open errror> (-1012) in module Makaron: WinMain - 
Makaron.GlownaPetla -> Makaron.Uruchom -> MMAP.WczytajBIOS
(G:\Makaron\ROM\Dreamcast_BIOS_USA.bin)

Waiting for your though on "my idea" before trying to resolve makaron or going for azoreseuropa's solution

Thanx again !

No, those files in your computer have nothing to do with this emulator's error.

For Makaron, it is offically died for a long time ago. If you want to try it then try google it for Makaron's tutorial for step by step. Its there. :) I cant test it because it was dead and the games are low compatibility for Makaron.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dafty

No, those files in your computer have nothing to do with this emulator's error.

You sure ? They are C++ redestributable , as typeAlpha recomended it , an update could solve the problem isn't it ?

Thanx for the tips about makaron

Last edited:

spotanjo3

You sure ? They are C++ redestributable , as typeAlpha recomended it , an update could solve the problem isn't it ?

Thanx for the tips about makaron

Yes. And an update could solve the problem. Just try it but do not deleted them. Because they are need for some emulators like pcsx2 and others. If update doesnt resolved the problem. Your last option is to go to the demul's forum and asked the developer for your problem.

OP
D

Dafty

Yes. And an update could solve the problem. Just try it but do not deleted them. Because they are need for some emulators like pcsx2 and others. If update doesnt resolved the problem. Your last option is to go to the demul's forum and asked the developer for your problem.

Alright thanx for your replies and patience !

typeAlpha

Whatever is happening is more than likely a problem (mismatch) with some DLL's on your system. This is also related to the problem you get with nullDC where it is unable to start correctly. I've had that problem before on another PC and I could not get it to run certain games even though I'd installed C++ redist etc. I fixed it by downloading this : http://www.mediafire.com/download/97erhoox4d3zabq/aio210.zip

Extract, run, install (tick) all (could take a while). Then reboot when done, hopefully you'll now be able to run nullDC without error and it *might* even clear up the problems you're having with Demul.

Good luck!

OP
D

Dafty

Well nop that didn't work BUT I finnally tried what I said before I delleted ALL microsoft files , ALL of them , and re-intalled it from scratch and it WORK !

I have a sound plungin and nullDC WORK !

Now I have to set up everything and see if shenmue work but at least it's a new step forward , I wil update my as soon as I tried shenmue ;)

I'm so happy :D

EDIT:

Sooo now when I lunch Shenmue it's say " Demul stoped to work blabla" basic .exe stoped to work error

Here My plungin and the one available.

Better try an other setup or switch to nullDC ?

Ho wait , maybe the fact that the Bios is US and the Romis PAL affect that ??

Last edited:

typeAlpha

Congrats! :)

I don't think I've ever used Demul for Shenmue but I'll try it later and let you know how it worked. Demul isn't very stable IMHO, I can't even close the emulator normally, I have to shut it down in the task manager. But, when it works it works pretty good, and emulation is usually better than nullDC. nullDC has lower system requirements but has a few problems with Shenmue - you can't play Afterburner in the arcade and it has some graphical problems, I'm not sure how it plays on Demul but I imagine it is better. Like I said I'll try it on my Demul later and let you know.

Oh also if you're planning on using your save file from Shenmue to continue on Shenmue II the games need to be the same region.

- - - Updated - - -

Ho wait , maybe the fact that the Bios is US and the Romis PAL affect that ??

Mmmm, I don't think that should cause demul to crash, it should just show the console display saying it's incorrect region etc. There's a region free bios you can use, this one has the startup animation from the Dreamcast development machines, looks better than the original imo : (link removed due to copyright issues)

You'll need to rename it to whichever one you're replacing then put it in dc.zip <- Actually just checked you don't need to rename it to anything, just add it to your dc.zip and it will be in the bios list as v1.011 (1998,1999)[Dev]

OP
D

Dafty

Thanx haha :) Really close to get it work now and I know shenmue work since I saw youtube video , but unfortunatly they always show you just which plugin to take , never how to solve xyz problem...

You'll need to rename it to whichever one you're replacing then put it in dc.zip

Wait what ? My roms folder looks like this right now ( I delet everything and actually try a lot of different bios and it alway say " Unable to find dc101c_eu.bin in romset dceu" )

typeAlpha

Delete your DC bios files and download DC.zip i uploaded it here: (sorry bios files are copyright so against rules)

I just tried Shenmue and for some reason it doesn't work with the Dev BIOS lol, so forget about that, just use v1.01d (1998,1999).

Try having your settings as follows and see if it works :
shen.jpg

OP
D

Dafty

For me it keep saying " Unable to find dc101c_eu.bin in romset dceu" _eu or _us depending of the bios I choose

EDIT:

DAT NOOB I forgot I have to put it in .rar , I extracted it

Forget about that !

Still doesn't work going to try a US version of the game

Last edited:

typeAlpha

Also, don't forget in the Demul config menu to change Dreamcast Region/Broadcast to Auto Region and Auto Broadcast.

OP
D

Dafty

Yep already done

I just have to find a rom of Shenmue , I didn't manage to find chd rom , always ISO , which doesn't work obviously...

At least I managed to go the menu of dreamcast ( where you choose option, play etc...) so it WORK , i just have to find a good rom. Will be hard...

Thanx you a LOT to BOTH of you , you were amazing ! Thanx you so much

typeAlpha

You're welcome. I PM you link to working images (not sure if it's against rules or not to share links to games here) ;)

Let me know how it goes. Also your plugin should be set to gdrImage.

Last edited:

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
This is an emulation site, not a rom site, so please keep to legal files in public, i'm sure google will help on those slightly less legal ones!

spotanjo3

Yep already done

I just have to find a rom of Shenmue , I didn't manage to find chd rom , always ISO , which doesn't work obviously...

At least I managed to go the menu of dreamcast ( where you choose option, play etc...) so it WORK , i just have to find a good rom. Will be hard...

Thanx you a LOT to BOTH of you , you were amazing ! Thanx you so much

Glad that you resolved the problem.

I want to explain to you. There is no rom of Shenmue.. You mean ISO because rom stands for Read Only Memory in chip which is found in cartridge.

ISO is a disk image. Hope you understand now.

CHD means Compressed Hunks of data that used for as cassette tapes, floppy disks, hard disks, laserdiscs, and compact discs are also used. It is only found in MAME.

Of course, we can't discuss where to find the roms, iso, and chd here. Google is your friend or pm only. ENJOY!