What's new

Sound Problem

PonyoBellanote

Hello, guys, I just got demul0582, the latest version, I put a BIOS to it. Everything goes well, except the sound.. it.. I can't explain, it just terribly fails. Like, the voices get slower and deeper, like if someone was playing with it, seems like a problem of the sound being played but altered.

I know I can't explain me, but I dunno why is this. I'm already suprised enough everything else seems to go fine, even graphics. Any help? Sound plugin is the default of the version. I dunno where to find other ones..

The sound is just distorted.

Also, can't play the game full screen or my screen default, for the screen doesn't stretch or adapt to 16:9 windowboxed 4:3, it just badly stretches and graphics don't get that quality.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The Demul developers inplemented mandatory sound stretching. What this means is that every time the emulator drops frames (i.e. not constant 30/60fps), the sound strecthes and distorts. Why the devs didn't make this an option, I have no clue.

As for the image stretching, make sure you got 4:3 aspect ratio set in the video plugin configuration window.

Last edited:
OP
P

PonyoBellanote

So, basically you mean I cannot do anything about it?

If so, can you help me then with the others emulators I have tried?

And the image stretching, it's set to 4:3. It's just that when it goes full screen or set to my screen default, it stretches as in, the image in 4:3 windowboxed in 16:9 STRETCHES badly.