What's new

Need Help With Stopping Animation or Getting Original Model!

Omninaut

So i've looked on this forum as well as many others online and have yet to find anything on this.

using the LemD3D8.dll plugin, you can rip 3d models from a game. i need a model of banjo (only mention this specifically because what works with most games sometimes doesnt work with banjo-tooie), and i realized that the only way to rip them is in the middle of gameplay. The issue is, animators changed scale, position, made the model non-symetrical and changed it to where its nearly impossible to reproduce the original from it.

so what i need is a cheat code or a glitch or anything to stop the animations from playing. usually the models look like a front facing character with their arms up to the sides. this is what i need, NOT the first frame of idle animation or for an animation to freeze at a certain point. sometimes during curruption videos or extreme glitch videos after being hit or falling or something like that, the model resets and it ends up being that model facing forward with arms up just gliding along the floor. i cant seem to replicate it though.

if anyone knows a way to do this, you'd be my hero at this point. thanks in advance:D

UPDATE: Got it, for anyone who came here looking for the same thing, here you go. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...I/AAAAAAAAAag/Voqh-24ux70/w640-h24-no/URL.PNG (Its a screenshot of a link to another forum, it wont let me post the link for some reason, but there's more info on this that i dont feel like retyping so)

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Maybe you could use the emulator's cheat finder to make the required effect.
I have no experience making cheats but I think it's possible to suspend models in the game-field.

Last edited:

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Well i havn't done much ripping myself, but i have used ninja ripper etc to get models from games, i always thought ripping the 3d meshes etc was a case of what ever is being displayed on screen at that time, so couldn't just pausing the emulator when its at the right position of the model you want then ripping that screen work? obviously you'd have to clean it up, but i don't think theres many options.

OP
O

Omninaut

couldn't just pausing the emulator when its at the right position of the model you want then ripping that screen work? obviously you'd have to clean it up, but i don't think theres many options.

That's what everyone does when ripping models. The issue is, any point in the game is during an animation. even when idle. during these animations, hands are scaled, mouths are unsymetrical, heads are turned and offcenter, and its overall nearly impossible to replicate the original. however, the original is in there. during some glitch videos, in the midst of chaos, the model will randomly be reset and its the original (unanimated and unwarped). so its in the game all i need to do is get it to show.

But i think you're right at this point there doesnt seem to be many options.

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
the best thing i would do, is just get the best rip you can, and use some 3d tools such as blender, or softimage mod tool to name two that i use that are free, and work on the mesh, putting in the rigging etc to reposition everything.
but good luck on it, i'm sure theres a way.