What's new

Best emulators!!!

Janinator

Hi im new to emulation and have no tech knowledge whatsoever!love the concept though. old classics in better res and with tex packs are looking awesome. did not exactly know where to post so here i go!:bounce: the first thing is what do you guys think is a surface pro 3 (the one with i5 8gb ram and 256gb disc space and hd4000(maybe im mistaken on this one) a capable machine for standard emulation? which consoles would run smoothly (dont really need extra stuff like beefed up res just wanna play those old games again ;) )? have some problems with emulators not running the way id like them too thinking though the hardware should be good enough.... for example gc resident evil runs smooth but had problems with a snes game........ also which is the best emulator for which console? gc wii obiously dolphin? but what about nes/snes, n64, ps 1/2 and psp games... really just looking for easy to use emulators without need to play around in the settings alot and config controller support ( xbox one controller)
hope someone helps ;) thanks in (GB)advance :D that was really really lame :stupid:

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Well, that should cover quite a bit really for emulation, if your on about playing the games in their native res, that should cover pretty much all of them, if you have probs with certain emuatlors such as snes, try a different one, they all optimised differently, don't worry too much about gpu, though see what works best for you with either opengl or directx with built in graphics.

I can't really say what the best emulators would be, i guess anyone into emulation has to have mame, either with a front end to make things easier to set up, and with mess, that covers the majority, ppsspp is my psp emulator of choice, so many versions even on android, epsxe is another playstation emulator that can't be faulted, again thats on mobile devices.
The list can go on and on, my advice is go with something that looks interesting to you try it, if you run into trouble, post on the forum, i'm sure someone will help you find the answer, the great thing i love about emulation, is you can customise it to your taste.