What's new

GLideN64: Public Release #1

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
You welcome :)

It would be interesting to read more-less detailed review of my work. What is good, what is not so good. Some kind of an unprejudiced detached view.
Truly speaking, I did not play any game with my plugin. I'm dealing only with bugs. Bugs are my nightmares. In my dreams I'm finding solutions for problems which I tried to solve during the day.
So, open-minded review from somebody who knows N64 emulation well would help me to understand the real situation.

mendus

Hi Gonetz,

Very impressive work, there are a lot of effects that other hardware accelerated plugins do not emulate that gliden64 does. I thank you for your dedication.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
[MENTION=2814]Gonetz[/MENTION] Thank you so much for this great plugin and all of your previous work.
I do hope in the future this project will become even greater.

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Can't wait to try it, i won't be gentle i was torture the the little plug in and see what it can do :)

- - - Updated - - -

Erm excuse me i wonder if i can ask this one question, i can't seem to find the answer.. but does this plug in play starwars game, you know the one that nothing plays without showing corruption etc, i do so want to play ever so much.....
  Spoiler:
2ues651.jpg

Spoiler:
34zf05w.png

Spoiler:
2zjgwv8.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist :p
  Spoiler:
I was joking, really :p well you knew it was coming!

Yes i tortured it, it tried to resist, but it played the game with 5brz on and smooth filtering 3 plus a bit of bloom, although i didn't really notice the bloom, i'll have a play with that.
But to my knowledge its the first plugin that hasn't had any graphical problems, the hud usually has corruption and the sky.

Fantastic job!

I should of posted this in 2 days, oh well i'll post a video on may the forth :p

Last edited:

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Happy May 4th!

All we need now is a decent rsp and it will be very playable. As i said in the description it seems to be missing fog even if fog is emulated. It is still very choppy, nothing to do with video being captured, and even if theres no filtering on at all. But that might be as its running as lle etc

Last edited:

Clements

Got to say, this is an amazing, solid, job. I have done some testing of my own and only found bugs that are already known and reported in the issues tracker (https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues) when I quickly double checked. I am using your plugin with PJ64 (latest git), Hatcat's static interpreter and Jabo's sound, and most games work perfectly with this configuration (even Perfect Dark has no bugs from what I can see). Well done!

Your testers have done a great job too, particularly olivieryuyu who has a great memory (or great info database somewhere!) for all the common bugs/effects/edge cases that most plugins get wrong, which I have no doubt helped hugely with this.

emusa

Savestates crash when I use GlideN64 with PJ64 2.2. Is this a known issue?

Thanks for your hard work Gonetz! :)

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Savestates crash when I use GlideN64 with PJ64 2.2. Is this a known issue?

No, it is unknown. Moreover, I never met it. It is possible that some particular savestate, which was made in a "wrong" time, may crash. But it is not general problem.

Predator82

Gonetz says:

The situation is simple and I already expleined it several times:
2K USD means 1 month of my full-time work.
- <100% means no FX, just bugfixes. So, currently campaign collected for circa two weeks of bugfixes.
- 100% means FX implementation. If funds will remain, it will go on bugfixes.
->100% means FX implementation and all extra money go on further development/bugfixes.

So be not afraid

phly95

The biggest issue right now is the black text and weird colors when running on an intel card (even if it is one of the newer ones that are fast enough)

F

Fanatic 64

The biggest issue right now is the black text and weird colors when running on an intel card (even if it is one of the newer ones that are fast enough)
What is your exact model of Intel HD Graphics?

MuffinSlayer

- - - Updated - - -

Intel HD 4400 I've reported the bug on github, but nothing yet. It works on an old driver, but I can't find the driver anywhere

A question tangentially:
How is your performance with GlideN64 with that Intel HD 4400? I have a Surface Pro 2 with that integrated graphics and it runs pretty slowly compared to the Glide included in PJ64.

V1del

It is slower compared to Glide64, that will always be the case since it is more taxing as it uses more advanced graphic features (and implements many things more accurately as a result of this)