What's new

Problem with Ocarina of Time

sasuke12345

Hi!

Yesterday I was started playing Ocarina of Time on 1964 emulator. I have popular, annoying bug with menu button delay, I found GameShark cheat that can help me, but I play on 1.1 NTSC(U) version. I read something, only 1.0 version of games are supported by GameShark. When, I try to use this cheat, i have message "Not available at this time" in cheats options. Can I play this awesome game without this menu bug? I'm waiting for your help...

Clements

I don't like simply suggesting another emulator to fix things, but in this case, you might want to try a recent version of PJ64. It has these cheat fixes built-in for the bundled graphics plugins. This will make the Water Temple etc bearable.

GLideN64 requires a video card (and installed graphics driver) that supports very recent OpenGL (I believe v3.3). If you don't have this, just bare this in mind so you can use it in the future.

OP
S

sasuke12345

I was trying PJ64 in some version (1.6 and 2.1 propably) but this emulator don't support my ROM Ocarina of Time. Look on Google "game compatibility list for Project64" - I can't give you URL...

Clements

Try using the following:

PJ64 2.2.0.3

Go into Options > Settings > Plugins

Select these plugins:

- Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5
- Jabo's DirectSound 1.7.0.7
- Any input plugin
- RSP emulation Plugin (not RSP plugin 1.7.0.13).

I have just verified this setup with the V1.1 ROM just to be sure (just in case you had found a bug/regression), and the game works perfectly with no lag on the subscreen.

OP
S

sasuke12345

I download PJ64 2.2.0.3, this plugins was default in this emulator, I try open ROM, but I still have message "In a permament loop that cannot be exited. Emulation will now stop. Verify ROM and ROM settings."

I was trying some other options, finally I got first time in my life Blue Screen on Win 7 :eek:

F

Fanatic 64

I download PJ64 2.2.0.3, this plugins was default in this emulator, I try open ROM, but I still have message "In a permament loop that cannot be exited. Emulation will now stop. Verify ROM and ROM settings."

I was trying some other options, finally I got first time in my life Blue Screen on Win 7 :eek:
1. Get a good ROM.
2. Update Windows.

OP
S

sasuke12345

2. Update Windows.

You know it's very stupid answer? I never had Blue Screen, I played a lot of games on Windows and some other emulators, but this emulator must be unstable and it's popular problem with BSoD - look Google.

I got other ROM with Ocarina of Time, but every 2-3 try to play I have Blue Screen, when I open the new ROM.