What's new

Project Ukulele

spotanjo3

Former core members of Rare have announced they are working on a new game. The team's new studio, Playtonic Games, plans to reveal details of its upcoming game "Project Ukulele" later this week.
Playtonic is aiming to turn its new project into a "worthy spiritual successor" to games team members helped build in the past, games like Donkey Kong,Banjo-Kazooie, and Viva Pinata.

The Playtonic team includes the programmer of Donkey Kong Country, the character designer behind both Banjo and Kazooie, and the artist "who made your console fit to burst with lavish environments" across several Rare games over the course of a decade.

17c026b9453ac2acd8fc01dcc0f7a1e9.jpg

This game is for Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows, and Mac versions

http://www.playtonicgames.com

Enjoy!

F

Fanatic 64

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

The announced limited N64 version is also worth mentioning.

Yes, it will be released for backers only who donated over 340 UK pound. I enjoyed Banjo Kazooie N64 version a lot. :)

Nice joke.

The character designs look horrible, but I guess it's gameplay that matters. You should also include a link to the Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival It's already past the initial goal, and will likely collect over £500,000 in less than a day.

No, its not a joke. Its real. The N64 Cart released will be available only for the backers who donated 340 UK pound. Look at the kickstarted link. ;)

Maybe the rom will be reality in the near future for N64 emulators. HEHE!

It is still too early in development. Maybe the character designs will get better later. Keep your mind open for now. :)

For the Kickstarter, I already know that, but I just put the news in the submit news. You are free to do that. Thanks for the link, thought. :naughty:

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

No offense, but some of you seem to have rather poor reading & comprehension skills. What they are offering to those backers is a USB flash drive shaped like an N64 cartridge, meaning it's memory will be empty, and it won't even fit in the N64 control deck. It's just a thematic USB stick, it won't contain a binary to run on your N64 or emulator.

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

No offense, but some of you seem to have rather poor reading & comprehension skills. What they are offering to those backers is a USB flash drive shapped like an N64 cartridge, meaning it's memory will be empty, and it won't even fit in the N64 control deck. It's just a thematic USB stick, it won't contain a binary to run on your N64 or emulator.

I re-read it and you are correct. I am sorry about that. I was in the hurry. Anyway, it is really a Flash Drive because if it is N64 cartridge then they will have to ask Nintendo for an approval but since N64 is died so it does make a sense for a flash drive shaped like an N64 cartridge.

By the way, no offense, but you seem to have rather poor spelling skills -- shapped is misspelling. The correct word is shaped. ;)

We all can make a mistakes. Nobody's perfect. We are going to help each others, right ? :D

F

Fanatic 64

Blame a lousy keyboard and Internet Explorer for that.

etking

I'm not so sure, it could also be an Everdrive64-like device with a ROM of the game. It is not clearly specified on the Kickstarter page. If the N64 version is not real, it should become a $5 Mio. stretch goal.

F

Fanatic 64

I'm not so sure, it could also be an Everdrive64-like device with a ROM of the game. It is not clearly specified on the Kickstarter page. If the N64 version is not real, it should become a $5 Mio. stretch goal.
They have explicitly stated it's not an N64 game. In their own words, "too many polygons".

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

It would be nice if N64 is still alive and kicking. :) Remember, N64 is officially dead. If they would like to make it the "late released special" or whatever they want to called it for a N64 then they will have to ask Nintendo for an approval. I do not think Nintendo would allowed it. Therefore, like Fantic 64 statement. Yeah.

smcd

I backed this projected and "Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night" (a Castlevania type game) - both projects even offered DRM-free GOG.com versions :) Now, for the waiting a year or two until release... I'll forget about the projects and get an email about release and be like OMG Christmas!!

edit: yeah, 7 week bump...