What's new

Mupen64Plus v2.5: Mupen's Last Stand (on Google Code)

marcelo_20xx

[MENTION=20691]urbanman2004[/MENTION]
Oh boy! you are missing a really good emulator if you don't try Mupen64Plus, and no, Project64 was fine for me until I couldn't bear the stuttering in every game I tested (mainly first party titles like: Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Zelda OoT, etc) after some 25 or 30 mins in the same exact spots ( I tried almost everything, fresh installs, interpreter mode, counter factor 1, no sound, from 1.4 to 2.2 the Project64 cores has this fault, at least on my system).

Meanwhile I tried Mupen64Plus after fiddling around with the command line parameters and finally get running MarioKart smooth as silk, with Rice-Video, since it has the smoothest frame rate with its screenupdate=1 option. Now I am trying to add this option to the Glide64Mk2 plugin, since it has less bugs...

[MENTION=100987]V1del[/MENTION]
Yeah, Finally got Windows 7 64 running and the exe starts with no problem at all. V1del I have a favor to ask you, I know this may be a long shot but I will try anyway. Do you happen to have a VS2008 project for the Mupen64Plus 2.5 release or at least for the glide64Mk2 2.5 plugin? I tried everything to downgrade the projects without success, from manually adding the files to a new 2008 solution, to using project converters, so I desperately need help here...Thanks in advance

Last edited:

V1del

[MENTION=109847]marcelo_20xx[/MENTION] He literally uses mupen64plus OpenEmu is just a mac GUI frontend around it (and a few other emulators)

There have been many changes and I'm pretty sure that part of the code specifically uses some newer C++11 features that aren't present in VS2008 anymore. You could either try to set up MingW or install Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition which is a free variant recently released by microsoft but which contains most of the libs that used to be part of the paid VS versions, and is probably your best bet. Regarding your undertaking, I'm going to add some points to the other thread you made.

urbanman2004

Head Honcho
[MENTION=20691]urbanman2004[/MENTION]
Oh boy! you are missing a really good emulator if you don't try Mupen64Plus, and no, Project64 was fine for me until I couldn't bear the stuttering in every game I tested (mainly first party titles like: Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Zelda OoT, etc) after some 25 or 30 mins in the same exact spots ( I tried almost everything, fresh installs, interpreter mode, counter factor 1, no sound, from 1.4 to 2.2 the Project64 cores has this fault, at least on my system).

Meanwhile I tried Mupen64Plus after fiddling around with the command line parameters and finally get running MarioKart smooth as silk, with Rice-Video, since it has the smoothest frame rate with its screenupdate=1 option. Now I am trying to add this option to the Glide64Mk2 plugin, since it has less bugs...
OpenEmu for Mac is based on Mupen64 "cores". It's essentially Mupen64 w/ a GUI.

AIO

Not sure if the stuttering issue is the same one I encountered in the games I play (like SSB), but have you tried disabling ABL in PJ64? Generally it's a good option to have enabled, but if there's a noticable amount of audio stuttering in the game you play (usually only at certain parts of the game), then you might want to disable it. This applies to any N64 emulator with a block linking option for recompiler.

Audiophase

Awesome work :)

Is there a way I could compile a version of the source that disables the hard coded key binds? Like "F" to fast forward?

I would like to be able to re-bind or even disable them if it's possible.

marcelo_20xx

[MENTION=111145]AIO[/MENTION]
I always disable Advance Block Linking since its makes games pause for a second every once in a while and yeah I had found the culprit of the stuttering, it wasn't PJ64 faults but the video plugin (Glide64Final) skipping some DLists because a bug in the swapping modes. I have make it so it never skips an update frame as long as there is a VI interrupt. I am back with PJ64. Mupen64Plus is a good alternative though, so I will test it more in the future...

[MENTION=113232]Audiophase[/MENTION]
Look in the Glide64.ini under [Settings] and set the variable "hotkeys=0"

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
OpenEmu is mupen64plus in the end so yeh
[MENTION=5283]Marcelo[/MENTION] probably because this was compiled on VS2013 which doesn't create an XP compatible binary by default

That's one of Microsoft's dumbest decisions!