Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mendus View Post
    The build I downloaded from this page does not include that plugin. Are you sure you didn't have it selected from a previous build and forgot to change plugins?

Edit: I copied the plugin from a previous build and it doesn't load it from command line either. Same error. So it is not the frontends fault.
    Sure did, it's from the most recent build, didn't do jack squat, it knows the plugin is "there" but when I load a ROM, it crashes. I give up, I'm go back to PJ64.

Quote Originally Posted by V1del View Post
    M64Py exists it works fine and Mupen64plusQt does as well. Also this errormessage indicates that Mupen64Plus-Qt (or the Console UI?) fumbles the path and accidentaly adds a wrong delimiter (do you see the / instead of \ at the end of the path?). You can workaround that by having everything in the same dir. Furthermore if you install the last m64py release you will have most of the improvements listed here available within it's own distribution so that could work as a substitute if you can't get these binaries running for some reason.
    But everything, and I mean everything, all the files, are in a single directory. Before I updated to 2.5, it ran just fine. But now, it's all gone to hell.

Edit: PEBKAC, figured out why. Freaking unbelievable.
    Last edited by the_randomizer; April 28th, 2015 at 23:40.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i am completely new to this, I dono if i downloaded the right one, how do I open it on windows 8? A black screen pops up fast and disappears.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes the standard application only has a command-line interface, so you would navigate to the directory using a cmd prompt and then call the exe like so:
    Code:
    mupen64plus.exe [options] /path/to/rom
    see the following for a reference on how to utilise it this way: https://code.google.com/p/mupen64plu...UIConsoleUsage

If you'd rather have a GUI M64Py is one that is actively being developed and kept up-to date with the most recent releases.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    please for the love of god allow us to just manually configure the gamepad the same way mednafen, zsnes, SNES9x, PCSX, and every other well designed emulator in existence does it. and stop being stupid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    oh you
    "The question isn't can it be done, but are you willing to do it." - Me

Check out my vids!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Drug Free For Life: 98% of the teenage population has
    tried drugs at least once. If you are one of the 2%
    who hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there any reason why the mupen64plus.exe is not included on the win32 bundles or I am missing something obvious? Thanks for the hard work though...

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @marcelo_20xx the cli frontend is called mupen64plus-ui-console.exe, you could probably just rename that if needed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks at first I thought it must be this file, its been ages since I last tried Mupen64plus. But mupen64plus-ui-console.exe gives me an "invalid win32 app" error, I have installed the VS runtimes from 2005 to 2013, redownloaded from both mirrors, still the same...

Strangely, the Mupen64plus.exe that comes with the "M64Py" frontend does run, so is this only on my end or someone else has this problem?

Tested on Windows XP SP3, I dont have a Windows 7 64 install ready to try, since I am upgrading my PC and the parts will arrive next week

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Never tried Mupen64 since Project64 filled that void... Willing to give this a try on the Mac

---EDIT---

After trial and error, trying to run your emulator isn't worth the hassle. I was better off downloading OpenEmu, downloading the 'cores' and playing my N64 roms that way.
    Last edited by urbanman2004; August 1st, 2015 at 10:12.
    Intel Core i7-4770K (De-lidded) | EVGA Z87 FTW (ATX) | My case: Modified Apple Powermac G5 WIP
    Silverstone SST-ST1200-G Evolution Strider Gold 1200W | Noctua NH-U12S | ASUS BW-12B1ST
    OCZ Vertex 4 512GB | Western Digital VelociRaptor 500GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC
    Patriot Dual Bay 2.5" SATA 3.5" drive bay (for SSD) | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2400MHz

i7-980X * EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR * Cosair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) DDR3 1600MHZ * EVGA GeForce GTX480 SC 2GB * Western Digital 1 TB VelociRaptor WD1000DHTZ (Mac OS X 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.0.1) * Western Digital 600 GB VelociRaptor (Windows 8.1.1) * Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl * ASUS BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-Ray Internal Burner * EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 * CORSAIR Hydro Series H100

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OpenEmu is mupen64plus in the end so yeh
    @Marcelo probably because this was compiled on VS2013 which doesn't create an XP compatible binary by default
    Last edited by V1del; August 1st, 2015 at 11:51.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast