What's new

GameObj - Unity3D GB Emulator!

GameObj

Hi,
I have used the Unity3d GB Emulator code "UnityGB" as a base for my Emulator Suite "GameObj".
The original code drew the screen as a 2D texture on a single Quad surface.

I have rewritten / expanded the code to spawn a GameObject (Currently named by VRAM Location name)
At this point until I recode the naming scheme into a hash of its 1 - 4 shade pixel matrix, I will be doing this when I finish
coding "Scrolling". Scrolling X works in the forward direction, I am looking for a game that scrolls -X, Y, and -Y near the title screen to finish up the code.
With Forward X working Games with NO Scrolling / Mario and other games that only scroll +X are compatible,
so I have made 2 videos for Proof of Concept and to show I have created this concept and it works.

Info:
Each Tile in Each Game = It's own Unity GameObject!

What does this mean..?

It means each tile can be an polygon model OR a replacement texture.
If say a title screen has a group of tiles that make up a large logo, you can program the tiles so that if they are all on screen at once,
they spawn 1 Large Gameobject that is the entire logo!

Each tile can have its own LOGIC.
This means that little 83 tile can know what tiles its adjacent to (and shoot rockets at you, etc.)

This also means automatic game translation to any language can be added via APIs like Google Translation,
and replace text in real time! (Not yet implemented)

Ok, the TETRIS video is now finished uploading, so I can stop chatting and post!

Tetris: (Recorded 2 Days ago)

Mario Land: (Recorded 3 days ago)

Each tile is generated to display its Hex Offset in VRAM, only if no GameObject Prefab exists for it in the Resources folder.
If it DOES exist, for instance the [?] which is just my current placeholder is placed.
Note many bugs in the video's have already been fixed.

Stay Tuned!

- GameObj !!

Shonumi

EmuTalk Member
Congratulations on your work! And here I was thinking implementing HD sprites and tiles in GB games was something I could be proud of :D You went and did 3D. Well done.

OP
G

GameObj

Thank you Shonumi!
That is something you should definitely be proud of!

Well it's 4:00 AM here so I'm finally going to bed,
However I wanted to post this first.

Edit: As you can see my tile name encoding is not yet working. (Objects on Title Screen)
Will be fixing tomorrow...

Last edited:
OP
G

GameObj

Here is the entire Unity3d project for the current state.
It doesn't come with any graphics added, it is bare bones,
aside from a 3D font you can set up.
I have not tested it with Unity5. I am using 4.5 2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrhooxhqczs2eda/GameObj%200.8%20SRC%20%28Unity3D%29.zip?dl=0

I suppose I will set up a repository....

There is no build, you need Unity3d. :)
I kind of envision people playing within Unity, and working on the game at the same time.
With this source you can build for iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and all the systems unity supports.
PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE COMMERCIAL ROMS IN YOUR PROJECTS.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU IF YOU GET IN TROUBLE WITH BIG N.
And all that stuff hopefully..
This code is based off and an extension of "UnityGB".

Enjoy!
- GameObj

(I just realized the build target in the .zip is Android. Change it to PC or wuteverr)