Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ive tested with Project64 2.2.0.3 & World Driver Championship

Works really good with my 3770k @ 3,9Ghz
    36 VI/s with standard settings but 1024x78
    42 VI/s when bypass is activated
    46 VI/s when force is activated too

Im missing to set more than 1024x1024 in screen size
    And can it be done that the *.cfg will created where the *.dll is?

Angrylions:

GLideN64:
    Last edited by Predator82; April 25th, 2015 at 18:35.
    What the hell are you?

30.11.13 R.I.P Paul Walker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've updated post #3 with a detailed explanation of the configuration options for the plugin.

Most of them do not have a GUI to edit them in the Linux build of the plugin...in Linux Mupen64 0.5 you would just click "Config" button for the plugin, and it toggles the VI filters and screen resolution formula between on/VI-based to off/FB-based, which I think is the most important reason to configure the plugin anyway. Any other configurations can be done through a hex editor on the `rdp_conf.bin' file, which is documented in config.c: `unsigned char cfg[32] = {'

Quote Originally Posted by V1del View Post
    Shonumi's trying to run on 2.0 which has the new spec which definitely won't work right now. Mupen64Plus 1.5 should still work I haven't tested yet either though and am somewhat busy with finals week and stuff so not really going to be looking into that for at least 2 weeks. As for where to obtain 1.5 https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-oldsvn
    It would be very exciting to finally have a 64-bit plugin system to test these plugins on, besides the 1.5 version of Mupen64Plus. Thanks again for the link, and I will try to test what I can.

For anyone who hasn't noticed, the 64-bit releases (either win/nix) of this plugin are smaller than the 32-bit releases. That only is a part of how important 64-bit is to RCP low-level emulation! We NEED a portable 64-bit plugin system! Right now, all I could do was take the initiative by releasing 64-bit builds anyway, but I hope that we'll be able to access also 64-bit forks of 1964 and Project64.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonumi View Post
    Yeah, I figured I could just use the git repo to backtrack to 1.5. I actually have the Slackware package for 1.5 on my laptop still. I'll try it with 1.5 later. Thanks for the work you've done Icono.
    Actually have been meaning to get back on Slackware to do some more tests on that anyway. Most of the immediate testing I was able to do was on 32-bit since that was what Mupen64 0.5 was compiled to work on; I hope to ensure how 1.5 will work to use the plugin on Slackware as well on my laptop.

If worst came to worst, I guess I wouldn't mind macroing in some level of support for Mupen64Plus "API" and the newer plugin system they came up with, but that really is a last case resort to me because many of those changes after 1.5 were for the worse in terms of emulation relevance. I would rather no plugin system existed at all than to see competing conflicts like that arise, but it is a choice between two evils unfortunately, since zilmar, our primary mascot we have to thank for having any long-standing, time-tested plugin system to begin with, has imposed Win32 references on the original definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator82 View Post
    Ive tested with Project64 2.2.0.3 & World Driver Championship

Works really good with my 3770k @ 3,9Ghz
    36 VI/s with standard settings but 1024x78
    42 VI/s when bypass is activated
    46 VI/s when force is activated too
    Sounds good. On some GPUs, "Force NN" is faster, but it can depend.

Speed was not really one of my concerns with this release. From the beginning, it was meant to be, but I had tons of things to do and many requests which made me focus on the quality of the OpenGL rendering, visual sharpness, more features and fixes...though it should be a bit faster than the previous release of this plugin anyway.

Im missing to set more than 1024x1024 in screen size
    I made the maximum windowed mode 1024x1024. If you try to set greater than that in the GUI, it's clamped down to 1024.

I didn't think anyone would want a window size greater than 1024x1024? Sounds awfully big.
    Why not enter full-screen mode if you want a screen so big? The Win32 full-screen code was mostly stuff I got from zilmar's CFB plugin, but it's very stable and works seamlessly, so perhaps just use that.

I made the limit 1024x1024 because that is the limit of several VI registers: VI_H_START_REG x2 - x1 < 1024, VI_V_START_REG y2 - y1 < 1024, VI_H_SYNC_REG < 1024 pixels ... basically 1024 is the common limit number here.

And can it be done that the *.cfg will created where the *.dll is?
    Not really, because the plugin system doesn't tell us where the plugin directory is.

The only portable approach is to use the process directory. If you see any plugins storing INI files or whatever in the same folder as a DLL, then it's using some fixed approach which is not natural.
    Last edited by Iconoclast; April 25th, 2015 at 20:57.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hi.
    I was trying to check graphics on Ogre Battle 64 and I ended up with a crash.
    Windows 8.1 using Project 64 2.2. Does it happen also to you or only in my end?

Quick edit: It happens when trying to get into a mission or training.
    Last edited by mendus; April 25th, 2015 at 20:43.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am not finding this crashing, but then, I'm not all that familiar with this game either.

It sounds more like you could be having the crashing from something else that's coming from your installation of Project64 2.2, like the RSP recompiler plugin it comes with, or maybe it's RDB settings. If you try using a different LLE graphics plugin besides the one in this thread (such as z64gl, Jabo's or GlideN64 in LLE mode, ...) and still find this crashing, then I can only guess you don't have Project64 set up for this game to handle the extra stuff that gets executed with LLE graphics. Make sure you have the latest RDB file, and test the RSP interpreter if the need arises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mendus View Post
    Hi.
    I was trying to check graphics on Ogre Battle 64 and I ended up with a crash.
    Windows 8.1 using Project 64 2.2. Does it happen also to you or only in my end?

Quick edit: It happens when trying to get into a mission or training.
    PJ64 2.2 has 32 bit mode incorrectly enabled and an RSP regression that breaks OB64. Compiling latest source or grabbing a build from EmuCR will fix this.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I keep getting a bad microcode error on both Project64 1.6 in WINE with the 32 bit version, and Mupen64Plus 1.5 in Linux with the 64-bit version.

EDIT: Probably because I'm using an HLE RSP. Anyone know of a good LLE RSP plugin for M64P 1.5?

EDIT2: LLE fixed the issue in PJ64.
    Last edited by iwasaperson; April 26th, 2015 at 03:51.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Correct--current builds need RSP set to LLE.

I have yet to release a RSP plugin on this forum. It has binary downloads for 32-bit and has 64-bit releases of the Mupen64Plus 2.0+ port, but Mupen64Plus 1.5 64-bit, which still uses the original plugin specifications layout by zilmar, has no 64-bit LLE RSP plugin available for it because I never believed we would get a 64-bit plugin system at the time (and understood less of the benefits). However, my sources to the RSP plugin seem to compile with -fPIC to 64-bit builds right out of the box from my GitHub for some time now; it's just that I haven't posted any release downloads.

Until then, the MAME RSP interpreter modified by ziggy and angrylion and the RSP re-compiler plugin by Jabo and zilmar have some LLE support.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ziggy's rsp should be available in some form for 1.5, I think its bundled in the repo I linked to

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cant find your Git
    What the hell are you?

30.11.13 R.I.P Paul Walker

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast