What's new

mortal kombat trilogy 64 komplete :)

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Dunno if anyone has actually attempted to redo the sprites for mortal kombat trilogy, and i have to admit i've got kombat fever waiting for x so did some ripping and editing and here is the result :)
Its not a wip, its what it is, that said i might get some ingame shots so who knows!
1080p screenshot

Attachments

• mortal kombat komplete 64.jpg
    mortal kombat komplete 64.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 925
  • MortalKombatTrilogy-4.jpg
    MortalKombatTrilogy-4.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,206
Last edited:
OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Wow over 900 views, does someone want this to happen, ripping and turning them into hd sprites even for a single character would be a chore, now if this was a community project, could be doable :)

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
The problem with this game, and a lot of non 3D games in emulation is the sprites are made up of loads of tiles which are then mixed with other tiles from the background etc. So the equivalnt of taking a 3000 peice jigsaw and emptying it all out on the floor and going through it all finding the edges!

Last edited:

chiburunga

The problem with this game, and a lot of non 3D games in emulation is the sprites are made up of loads of tiles which are then mixed with other tiles from the background etc. So the equivalnt of taking a 3000 peice jigsaw and emptying it all out on the floor and going through it all finding the edges!

Yes, that is why I dont feel motivated to work with those games... but looking forward to HDnes, HiSmS and hopefully someday A Snes and Genesis HD. Years ago all emulation people said that those old consoles were impossible to have hd sprites, now we know that is possible. I think 10 years from now almost every NES game will have HD pack, hopefully other systems too.

If hd sprites were proven to be possible, maybe the future reserve to us completely edited 3d models on 3d console emulators... that will be very good!

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Well i'm sure you've seen my super mario bros with hd tiles here if you havn't, this is my main project and aiming to finish this first before any new ones (although i may do some more work on my own mario kart hd edit).

With working with these games which is sprite based its getting a good system done to do it, and using tools such as cctx's http://www.emutalk.net/threads/55468-(Tool)-CCTEX-Texture-Parse might help.

And yeah any way of dumping the tiles, and injecting them back into the game at a high res and with full 32bit colour plus any other effects is possible (would love to see a way of having custom bump maps with n64 textures droooool!)

Last edited:

Clements

I was surprised more than anything that you had decided to tackle something like this. Definitely not an easy project. All I can say is do whatever brings you joy.

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
nah its not something i will tackle, i had a go last night, i don't think stages can be done, most i can probably do is organise all the textures.

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
yeah i remember seeing that using the mugen engine, have a feeling it ended up with cease and desist, so wasn't released, did a really good job too.