What's new

Any update on how World Driver Championship runs on android emulators?

DJ700R4

Hey guys, new to the forum.
I've been playing on emulators since about 2008-09 but anyway, I've noticed that one of my favorite childhood games (that's irrelevant, I know haha) (World Driver Championship) is kinda difficult to get running on an emulator..or atleast it was from what I've experienced on PC (Windows) and read up.

My main question. I'm running Mega64 on my Android (LG G3 if it's somehow needed) and when I go to start up the game, it's just a blank screen or when I use another graphic plug
-in it'll try to start but then go back to the point where I can start the rom.
Is there another emulator app that can run this that you guys recommend?

Now , I know this stuff isn't easy and that people have lives. Believe me, I'd help out as well if my computer wasn't messed up and I had a bit more knowledge on N64 emulation and what not.

Thanks in advance and hope you all are having a good day. If I need to be more specific, please feel free to politely let me know.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Very sure no. All cellphone emulators are ports of Mupen64Plus, and that emulator cannot run WDC (there's a bug in all audio plugins that prevents it from starting, only expection is an old version of Azimer's plugin, and that is not compatible with M64P's plugin spec). Besides you would need a LLE graphics plugin, which would run very slow on any cellphone or tablet currently available (and most PCs for that matter).

Ambient_Malice

World Driver Championship only runs on Project 64. The cause of its problems on mupen64plus is related to an infinite CPU loop. I can't recall how PJ64 fixes the issue. The game has juddery audio without Azimer's or Shunyuan's Not Actually HLE sound plugin. Unfortunately, those plugins have problems with modern versions of PJ64.

Hopefully mupen64plus will eventually iron out this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

World Driver Championship only runs on Project 64. The cause of its problems on mupen64plus is related to an infinite CPU loop. I can't recall how PJ64 fixes the issue. The game has juddery audio without Azimer's or Shunyuan's Not Actually HLE sound plugin. Unfortunately, those plugins have problems with modern versions of PJ64.

Hopefully mupen64plus will eventually iron out this issue. The game is not particularly demanding in LLE, but I dunno whether GLideN64's LLE will be optimised enough.

AIO

Very sure no. All cellphone emulators are ports of Mupen64Plus, and that emulator cannot run WDC (there's a bug in all audio plugins that prevents it from starting, only expection is an old version of Azimer's plugin, and that is not compatible with M64P's plugin spec). Besides you would need a LLE graphics plugin, which would run very slow on any cellphone or tablet currently available (and most PCs for that matter).
Aside from shunyuan's, 1964 audio also works after changing a tiny bit of code (just to get it initializing since there's an issue with the plugin on pj64 2.x). I agree that it would be too slow for cellphones or tablet.

Hopefully mupen64plus will eventually iron out this issue. The game is not particularly demanding in LLE, but I dunno whether GLideN64's LLE will be optimised enough.
I saw footage of WDC on GlideN64, it surely is demanding. The game is actually pretty demanding on the rdp. I think it's weird that WDC even works in PJ64 1.4. I'd like to know why it works on that and not other emulators like Mupen or 1964 ;/ .