What's new

SOTN translation problems

Muyfa666

Hi fellas.

I am trying to apply the Symphony Of The Night v1.0 translation patch by Gemini to a BIN/CUE I made from my original disc.

I'm in no luck thou. I seem to have the wrong version, but this is supposed to be fix-able with a xdelta patch.

However, the xdelta patch quits, saying it expects a different size. I tried to rip with many different programs, but none of them gives me a version I can use.

Anyone, please - suggestions? Contacting Gemini seems impossible...

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Don't know if this helps you but this was in the patch's Readme file:

Q: My ISO with ID code SLPM 86023 doesn't seem to be compatible with the patch. Is there anything I can
do?
A: If the ISO you have was dumped from the second print of the game (the one with OST and manga)
there's an xdelta patch in the project page which can turn your ISO into the one compatible with the
translation. The transformation package also includes instruction for applying the patch, in case you were
wondering how to apply it. Once it's all patched you can go back to the regular procedure and have your
english Dracula X. To see if your ISO is the correct one, compress the main executable (file SLPM_860.23 in
the root folder) and check its CRC value. If it's 640E976A then you have the correct version.

Q: The program I'm using to apply the patch says my ISO's size doesn't match the one expected. Can I still
apply the patch?
A: Yes, it's completely fine. Some dump files seem to create ISO in a different way, so they might have more
or less dummy sectors, but it's nothing you should be concerned about. Those aren't even used by the game
nor the burning programs, and thus can be ignored.

OP
M

Muyfa666

I read that too, unfortunatly it doesn't really help. There is no way to force the xdelta patch it seems. :-(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
It would probably be a lot easier just to hunt down the japanese disc image instead of ripping your own if the xdelta patch is that finicky about size.