What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

OOT Real Cel Shading

timde9

Hey guys loooong time lurker. Actually I had an account before but I can't remember the details for the life of me, and I deleted all my old email accounts so its gone for good.

I came up with something awesome for everyone. Feel free to move this if its in the wrong sub-forum. I was able to apply a true depth based cel shading effect to OOT with Dijpi's texture pack enabled with the help of reshade and a custom cel shader written for sweetfx on the reshade forums. I couldn't use the glide wrapper that comes with Glide64 as it wouldn't load the reshade injector dll properly so I had to use Nglide wrapper and it worked! I also had to use an older version of glidehq.dll as the lastest version with Glide64 Final caused a ctd.

The cel shader is supposed to apply a cel effect to the textures as well which doesn't seem to be working, only the outline effect is, but thanks to dijpi's wonderful pack this is not a real major issue. There is also some background models showing through foreground models but this is a glitch with reshade not detecting the depth buffer correctly. It's actually not supposed to be working at all as I had the depth buffer disabled, but the outline effect still applied. When I actually enable the depth buffer with * The screen went black. So this is kinda glitchy but none the less absolutely beautiful. The crt effect I applied to help reconcile old textures like interiors with dijpi's new ones and make the blending easier on the eyes.

If anyone is interest I can post detailed instructions and a prepacked zip with everything pre-configured. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• Project64 2015-03-25 13-51-37.jpg
    Project64 2015-03-25 13-51-37.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,261

MrVicman

Well, I'm very intersted, since I couldn't figure how to make the ReShade work with Glide64 (or any 1964 emulator plugin).