What's new

new super mario hdnes!

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Thought i'd give this forum some love with a teaser on what i've recently started a day an a halfs work at most but here it is....drum roll please.....

attachment.php

super mario running on hdnes trying to be like new super mario wii!

Attachments

• hdnes.jpg
    hdnes.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 4,156
F

Fanatic 64

...It's already possible to retexture (or resprite) NES games?

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
its tiles based, and obviously, depends on the game there are some cheats the games do with its tiles, its similar as in having to play the game to load the tiles into memory so you can dump and edit and replace them, but its actually quite straight forward and plenty of options and as you can see not restricted by palette.

The two games i've been editing to experiment with the emulator are excitebike and super mario, i'll certainly post them up soon enough :)

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Goomba and a few bits now, still some graphical bugs that need tweeking on mario.

Attachments

• supermariohd.jpg
    supermariohd.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,442
OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
experimenting with backgrounds now, getting it a bit more modern :)

- - - Updated - - -

and i'm just doing quick print screens lol [MENTION=29958]NES_player4LIFE[/MENTION] oh and new one to test available

Attachments

• supermariohd2.jpg
    supermariohd2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 2,437
OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
update for today, and new download for testers, delayed due to pc probs (involved liquid...never goes well with motherboards!)

Attachments

• supermariohd3.jpg
    supermariohd3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,425
F

Fanatic 64

Meh, I once killed a laptop with milk, the best/worst part is that it wasn't even mine.

The pack's very nice so far, I wonder what it looks like in motion?

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Yeah it was a cup of tea dropped by my girlfriend whilst i was actually working on this! The game does run faster this is due to a highly buggered pc that likes to now blue screen, still new pc time, havn't upgraded for over 5 years.
This a preview vid, wasnt going to show anything till i finihed mario! hopefully by the weekend though!

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

You should unplug it, remove the battery and leave it in a bag of rice for a few days. If you keep using it like that you may fry the hard disk and lose all your work.

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
nah its ok and i have backups, and i'll be getting a new motherboard this week and cpu oh and its the pc, not a laptop, thankfully wasn't flooded but was wet on and around the video card, took the whole thing apart.

Attachments

• supermariohd4.png
    supermariohd4.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:
OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Its coming along, but no release just yet, and hopefully this week after easter break i'll get my pc bits, all ordered just not here yet.

Attachments

• supermariohd5.png
    supermariohd5.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 551