What's new

Rush 2049 ROM (Dreamcast) won't boot

leo_sasquatch

Hello. I have a Rush 2049 .CDI image available. I have two others (Snow Surfers and Rez) which work beautifully. Under DEMUL, the R2049.CDI won't load. It goes to the SEGA splash screen, then back to the four icons on the 'desktop'.

Now normally, I'd just think I had a dodgy image, but the same image loads and plays under nullDC.

I've tried manually changing the regions, because when I hit 'Play' it thinks about it for a few seconds before going back to the bouncy ball, which I recall was the default behaviour of a hardware DC when you put in a game from the wrong region.

Two questions - could it be the region coding, and if so, how do I find out what region the image is so I can set the region flag accordingly.

If it's not the region, what might it be, if the ROM image loads under another emulator?

Thanks for any contribution - I have 4 real Dreamcasts upstairs just because until the emulation gets perfect, I'm never going to be unable to play this game. I went to the Starbase Arcade in San Rafael to play the arcade version against the guys who'd play-tested it for Atari, and got to race against the best players in the world. This is definitely my favourite game of all time - I've logged over 10,000 miles on my main DC save. Would love to be able to play it at modern resolution.

52xmax

Have you tried the past versions of Demul? I had major problems trying to boot some cdi images in the 0.582 version, then I tried to run the same images in the 0.581 version and it worked.