What's new

Citra now has opengl renderer.

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Citra the open source 3DS emulator has now reached interesting progress with the addition of having an opengl renderer.
And has posted a new video or Orcarina of time 3D running near full speed on citra.

This footage has not been sped up; it's actually running around, or even faster than, full speed most of the time! There are a lot of OpenGL specific bugs, but they'll be worked out in time. Credit to the hardware renderer goes to https://github.com/tfarley

In it's current state the OpenGL renderer isn't currently planned to be merged into master, but it goes to show how much of a speedup there will be when one is finished.

source : youtube.

Video in comments.

F

Fanatic 64

Isn't it possible to embed that video in the OP? (Nitpicking, I know)

And I wonder how long until someone dumps the textures from this game and makes them into pack for the original OoT (bonus points if they claim original authorship).

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
i tried it, displayed in the forum, but wouldn't display on news page, unless i'm missing something.
regarding texture dumping hmm well i'm pretty good at that, i call dibbs :p if it was directx based rendering, then i have pretty much every tool to do that job, but lets see how the renderer goes.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

You may want to tell Martin about that.

And I was mostly joking about the textures, they're copyrighted, and still of pretty low resolution anyway (OoT 3D still runs at 320x240).

OP
LyonHrt

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
New video Cave Story 3D - Software Renderer vs Hardware Renderer (1080p)

Last edited: