What's new

GlideN64 Sneek peek

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Gonetz has released a working beta for zilmar spec emulators including Project 64.
Although I can't release the plugin itself I can show some of the progress.

Attachments

• GUI 1.png
    GUI 1.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,026
  • GUI 2.png
    GUI 2.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 990
  • GUI 3.png
    GUI 3.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,955
  • GUI 4.png
    GUI 4.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 825

the_randomizer

Dayum the teasing only makes it worse. So much for a release window in January...

I also love how certain specific games are never shown as screenshots.

Last edited:
OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
That's half the fun.

Do to holidays, regressions, and personal issues; coding was slowed down.
Gonetz is now cranking out a beta or two each day.
Progress is happening very rapidly.

Request screenshots, I'll see what I can hook you up with. :D

F

Fanatic 64

Can you do Anti-Aliasing with Framebuffer Emulation and Read Every Frame enabled? Does it work at full speed?

And please screenshot the "Nintendo 64" screen at the very beginning of Ocarina of Time.

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Read Every Frame is not an option.
Large image warning. (1920x1080)
  Spoiler:
ph1PBc7.png

Lucario

Is Lens of Truth in Majora's Mask running with texture mod working? If so, please take a screenshot of it and show it to us!

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I don't play Zelda games, but if you send me a Save state file of the issue I'll post the screenshot of the change that I have with GlideN64.

the_randomizer

That's half the fun.

Do to holidays, regressions, and personal issues; coding was slowed down.
Gonetz is now cranking out a beta or two each day.
Progress is happening very rapidly.

Request screenshots, I'll see what I can hook you up with. :D

Any of the LLE games that emulators couldn't load, like World Driver Championship. Indiana Jones and The Infernal Machine, maybe Rogue Squadron? Too bad I can't help with beta testings ($40 is a bit steep for me right now due to personal reasons).

F

Fanatic 64

Read Every Frame is not an option.
By Read Every Frame, I ment whatever option allows you to view the jigsaw effect in Banjo-Kazooie correctly.

Large image warning. (1920x1080)
  Spoiler:
ph1PBc7.png
As I thought, it still doesn't emulate the alpha blending mode required to display that with the proper shade. Only Jabo's plugin shows it correctly.
  Spoiler:

Could you notify him of this?

Last edited:
OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
As I thought, it still doesn't emulate the alpha blending mode required to display that with the proper shade. Only Jabo's plugin shows it correctly.
  Spoiler:

Could you notify him of this?
@Gonetz

- - - Updated - - -
@Fanatic 64

you said something about Banjo-Kazooie so here's a video of the game running with Nikachu's texture pack.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

you said something about Banjo-Kazooie so here's a video of the game running with Nikachu's texture pack.
Obviously there's something wrong with the framebuffer emulation. The jigsaw should display exactly the previous image, not that yellow texture. Also I saw an issue in another video where in Mario Tennis, the background texture is not drawn on the scoreboard (it worked properly in Gonetz's early demonstrations).

mendus

Hi,

Does the new video plugin render in multiple of native resolution and then stretch up/down to fit the requested one (similar to dolphins internal resolution), or does it directly render in the requested resolution?

I found a graphical glitch in mario party 3, in the transition screen between the board and the minigames screen, which seems to be happening because the screen is being divided vetically in 10 equal parts. If it is being rendered at a resolution not multiple of 10, it leaves some black lines.

Rendered at native 640x480
  Spoiler:
T377LFl.png

Rendered at 1024x768 (I did not remove the black strips on the sides).
  Spoiler:
zyAxGPx.png

Does this also happen in GlideN64? If so, mind reporting it?

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Obviously there's something wrong with the framebuffer emulation. The jigsaw should display exactly the previous image, not that yellow texture. Also I saw an issue in another video where in Mario Tennis, the background texture is not drawn on the scoreboard (it worked properly in Gonetz's early demonstrations).

I'll post these issue in the in the bug zapper when I get the chance.

Is it just me, or is everyone who posts videos of this plugin using bad recording software? A lot of audio choppiness.
I'm sorry, it is the software like you said.
I'm using Movavi Screen Capture Studio 6, can you recommend a better one?

Hi,

Does the new video plugin render in multiple of native resolution and then stretch up/down to fit the requested one (similar to dolphins internal resolution), or does it directly render in the requested resolution?

I found a graphical glitch in mario party 3, in the transition screen between the board and the minigames screen, which seems to be happening because the screen is being divided vetically in 10 equal parts. If it is being rendered at a resolution not multiple of 10, it leaves some black lines.

Rendered at native 640x480

Rendered at 1024x768 (I did not remove the black strips on the sides).
Does this also happen in GlideN64? If so, mind reporting it?

Untested/not sure.

We need more screenies :D

When I'm not busy with work. :)

Ambient_Malice

I'm sorry, it is the software like you said.
I'm using Movavi Screen Capture Studio 6, can you recommend a better one?
I recommend Nvidia's Shadowplay if you have an Nvidia GPU. There's also FRAPS, but you have to pay for it.

On another note, you should all be aware that Project 64 doesn't run Battle for Naboo\Infernal Machine for reasons entirely unrelated to LLE emulation. PJ64 has CPU bugs that cause missing terrain and broken camera. So testing these on PJ64 is pointless for the time being. However, mupen64plus runs them well enough assuming you use the latest binaries, avoid the SSSE3 RSP, and use the 64 bit version.

In terms of screenshot requests, I'd very much like to see Infernal Machine in LLE and I'd like to know how the performance compares to Ziggy's LLE. Also, whether Body Harvest's clipping works in LLE mode.

Last edited:
OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
[MENTION=106194]mendus[/MENTION]
I checked and here are the results.

- - - Updated - - -

I recommend Nvidia's Shadowplay if you have an Nvidia GPU. There's also FRAPS, but you have to pay for it.
I'm an Amd user. I'll have to look into FRAPS.

Attachments

• Marpty3.png
    Marpty3.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,009