What's new

Higan Emulator - Black Borders

seznam88

Hi I have Black Borders in Higan Emulator, you know at the top and the bottom.
How can I rid of them ? I have them in every game.
Thank you very much for help :)

Picture of it and my settings is in Attachments.

Attachments

• U7eKptM.png
    U7eKptM.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 652
  • rgNEyb5.png
    rgNEyb5.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 428
  • Jzomfyh.png
    Jzomfyh.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 598
  • hBqfKtO.png
    hBqfKtO.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 580

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Just tried Higan myself and I can't really say why Higan shows those black bars. Is it really that much of an issue? Most likely has something to do with the emulated aspect ratio. I you really must get rid of those borders, use another emulator like Snes9x.

Last edited:

Agozer

Personally I don't think you're missing much if it's only Doom that has such an issue. Doom isn't exactly a high point in the SNES' game library. I tested most of the games that use the SuperFX chip on Snes9x, and only Doom has the problem you describe.

OP
S

seznam88

In Libretro emulator is a bsnes emulator which is Higan and here you can set different aspect ratio but I don´t know how to put cheats to it, you know Gamegenie,...
And I want to play with Cheats.

V1del

Don't know if I'm pointing out something obvious but what happens if you disable aspect correction?

OP
S

seznam88

In Libretro emulator is a bsnes emulator which is Higan and here you can set different aspect ratio but I don´t know how to put cheats to it, you know Gamegenie,...
And I want to play with Cheats.

↑ Can you answer me to this ? ↑

Agozer

I can't really say anything about Libretro, since I haven't used it. I can't really say how it handles cheat codes, if at all. Higan at least on its own does not support cheats as far as I'm aware (no such menu entries), and I suppose bsnes is the same. If If you want to use cheats, use another emulator.

If I'm not mistaken, a Libretro variant of Snes9x is also available, called Snes9x Next - based on Snes9x 1.52.

Last edited: