What's new

Daedalus --> MUPEN64+ Dynarec Transplant Request

forphucksakes

HI Guys

According to the internets the PSP & Ingenics chips share the same breed; MIPS32R2 so I would like to know if the dynarec from daedalus could be transplanted into Mupen64+?

https://github.com/hulkholden/daedalus/tree/master/Source/DynaRec

The two mainstream device communities that would(immediately) benefit from this would be the GCW-Zero & CI20 communities.

The GCW itself, on paper, is more powerful than the PSP(i believe that theyre apples-apples) and is a traditional linux handheld console(along the lines of the GP2x, Canoo, Wiz etc etc). While it is true that the GCW's on screen display is limited to 320x240 most N64 games rarely went 640x480 so I would really like to hear from M64+ devs on the possibility of transplanting.

The CI20 on the other hand is a dual-core 1.2Ghz-SoC based $65 beast of a single board computer/devkit from Imagination Tech(people who own MIPS & PowerVR) and is the other platform that would also benefit from this :

Here are the full specs for both devices:
ImgTec's creator CI20 : elinux(dot)org/CI20_Hardware#Tech_Spec_overview
GCW-Zero : wiki(dot)surkow(dot)com/Quick_Start_Guide#Specifications

Worth mentioning as well that the GCW-Zero has an open source driver for its SoC GPU in the form of the etnaviv project which is capable of opengles 2.0: github(dot)com/etnaviv/etna_viv which is in action in the above neverball/neverputt video

Looking forward from hearing from you l337 d3vs!

Regards.

Last edited: