What's new

Layering issue in Time Stalkers

Nebion

Hello

I tried playing Time Stalkers on this emulator (Time_Stalkers_PAL_DC-DCP)

When I am playing the game, I notice issues with the layers of the images, the order they are.

So text would go behind the text box or even characters, making them unreadable. When I tried this on other systems, like Demul, I notice this issue is not there, so determined nothing is wrong with the ISO, (I don't play on Demul due to issues like sound issues).

I was hoping someone could help me here. I am using Chankast 0.25, Darkman_input, and the Chankast Bios.

Thank you in advance

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You really shouldn't be using Chankast in this day and age. It's woefully outdated, inaccurate and buggy.

OP
N

Nebion

What one would you recommend. I tried Demul, but the sound is terrible (like screeches), and is laggy. This one plays the game great except for that one issue, the menu layering

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The sound is terrible in Demul because the devs implemented sound stretching that kicks in whenever the emulator can't maintain a steady full speed. The sound is fine if you have a computer that's fast enough to maintain full emulation speed at all times.

Hopefully the strecthing becomes an option in the next version. You can try an older version of Demul where the sound stretching hasn't been implemented yet. There is really no better option than Demul, although nullDC comes fairly close. Having said that, I don't think nullDC is actively updated anymore either. I could be wrong though.