What's new

Amd omaga 14 12

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Anyone else having a hard time with this crap? ExtremeDude2

It's already killed one motherboard on me!
Replaced the board and tried again, however now Windows sends a code 52 saying that AMD's driver is not signed.
I want to update my driver but now I can't revert back to a recent working version.
CCC acts screwy/unavailable, Aero theme is screwed.

Recommend staying away for now.

SYS info
Hp dv6 6135dx
Amd A8 3500 APU 6000M gpu

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Aw yeah. New AMD drivers tend to be dodgy. But if it fried your motherboard you should check the EULA for warranty policy, you might be able to take action.

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
But if it fried your motherboard you should check the EULA for warranty policy, you might be able to take action.

Not an option as I had installed the camiloml bios awhile ago, I believe this action voided any warranty option.
I also replaced my APU with an upgraded one.

F

Fanatic 64

Um yeah, that may have contributed to damaging the board.

You can disable Windows check for signed drivers by pressing F8 before boot (same as for enabling Safe Mode) and choosing the option for allowing unsigned drivers.

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Possibly, but the Bios was needed to allow for enhanced options. Anyhow the new board only cost $80 and gave me the opportunity to dig into my rig.

Is this option a lasting configuration or would it need to be selected before each boot?

F

Fanatic 64

I don't know. I selected it once to install an unsigned driver and it has been working ever since.

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I tagged you because I thought that you had the same laptop and wanted to warn you to be careful.
I was able to replace the motherboard with a used one from Ebay.

What drivers are those?
Are you able to rollback?