EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

iPad Air emulators

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I've been trying to do some searching to find out the best emulators for the iPad air; however, I'm finding a lot of out dated articles, as well as a lot of articles going on about the non-jailbreak hack.

I've got a iPad Air (1), 32gb. It's jailbroken on that latest version 8.1.2.

I'm mainly looking for these types of emulators

NES
    SNES
    Sega Genesis
    GB/GBA/Game Gear
    N64
    PSX

One thing I'd love to do is have the ability to play with a PS4 controller (or Wii if necessary).

If somebody could perhaps give me a run down on where to find that most up-to-date and best functioning emulators of those systems, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You also need a ROM for the game you want to play. A ROM is the software version of a video game. You can use the same ROM with multiple emulators, as long as the original game worked with the console you're emulating.

While emulators are open source, making them free and legal to use, ROMs are a little more complicated. If you already own a game, in some cases, you can make a ROM version of it for personal use. However, Nintendo's legal page states that using ROMs of its games for any reason is against the law.

No matter what, it's a crime to share a ROM with anyone else. That said, plenty of people do it anyway. All it takes is a quick Google search to find whatever ROMs you're looking for.

You can then download them on your iPhone to open with your emulator glasses of choice. We can't control if you choose to do this, but know that MakeUseOf does not condone this practice.

Now that you know how to download and install emulators for iOS and iPadOS, you probably need help deciding which games to play first. Almost everything is available to you, so it's easy to feel overwhelmed with choices.

Our advice is to revisit games from your childhood. What do you remember fondly? What did you never get the chance to play?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You also need a ROM for the game you want to play. A ROM is the software version of a video game. You can use the same ROM with multiple emulators, as long as the original game worked with the console you're emulating.

While emulators are open source, making them free and legal to use, ROMs are a little more complicated. If you already own a game, in some cases, you can make a ROM version of it for personal use. However, Nintendo's legal page states that using ROMs of its games for any reason is against the law.

No matter what, it's a crime to share a ROM with anyone else. That said, plenty of people do it anyway. All it takes is a quick Google search to find whatever ROMs you're looking for.

You can then download them on your iPhone to open with your emulator glasses of choice. We can't control if you choose to do this, but know that MakeUseOf does not condone this practice.

Now that you know how to download and install emulators for iOS and iPadOS, you probably need help deciding which games to play first. Almost everything is available to you, so it's easy to feel overwhelmed with choices.

Our advice is to revisit games from your childhood. What do you remember fondly? What did you never get the chance to play?