What's new

How fast is your connection?

Martin

Administrator
Just wanted to brag with that I reached download speeds as fast as 1400KB/s today. New record. Yay! :D

Do I have the fastest internet connection among the ET members? :p

Here I'm petting my fiber line. ;)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
:( & here i was feeling right 1337 pushing a full out 45.5Kbps

Trotterwatch

Martin, you lucky B*****D, lol
(here is me soldiering on with my Fractional T3... very Fractional seeing as it's a 56k POS).

Last edited:

Sukh

Long gone...
Is there a particular reason why Martin is always the basis for many jokes in this forum? :) Just tradition...?

sk8bloke22

roll for life
im happy with 4.2kb, 1400kb is just cheating, wheres the fun downloading stuff so quickly? ah i bet now u dont feel so cockey.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
sk8bloke22 said:
im happy with 4.2kb, 1400kb is just cheating, wheres the fun downloading stuff so quickly? ah i bet now u dont feel so cockey.

Heh, I don't get that joke. :p
Note that it is 1400KB/s (1.4MB/s), not 1400kbps. Big difference. Noone really beats that? Hmm...it's cold at the top ;)

Remote

I wouldn't mind a faster connection, as my current one is 33k, but you got your connection through the uni, right? So unless I buy a flat in city or sign into the uni I won't be seing those dl speeds anytime soon... I know how you feel, it's not easy being on top...

mesman00

What's that...?
actually, your not at the top, my brother stands higher than you. at his university on a t3 (i think it was t3) connection he had downloads going at about 1.8 mb/sec, so he beat you!!!

Eagle

aka Alshain
Martin I beat that easily. I live in an apartment complex that has a T3 line. Out of the 696 rooms, I'd be willing to bet there is only 100 computers on it, and that includes the 5 computers in their on-site computer lab. I get blazing speeds.

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
We're 144 apartments sharing a 100Mbit connection. mesman00: your brother is a member? ;)
Eagle: not too sure you beat that easily...have any speed reports? :D

Eagle

aka Alshain
Well, I can't say I'm always above 1400 kb/s but I've gotten up to 1700 before, it depends on the time of day and where I'm d/l from.