What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Djipi Zelda OOT 2014

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
If Djipi wanted to include a credit to the community pack for any textures he may have included, somewhere in the game or the file itself. Would that not settle things? I haven't looked into these re-texture packs for some years now, so no idea about DAT or HTC packs. Just a folder full of texture files with odd names LOL

Surkow

If Djipi wanted to include a credit to the community pack for any textures he may have included, somewhere in the game or the file itself. Would that not settle things? I haven't looked into these re-texture packs for some years now, so no idea about DAT or HTC packs. Just a folder full of texture files with odd names LOL

Although properly crediting people's contributions is good, that would only work if everyone agreed to the same terms (for example by choosing a specific Creative Commons license, like CC BY-NC).

Regarding the high resolution texture packs distribution format - Djipi distributes the local texture cache of Glide64 Napalm/GLideN64 (.dat/.htc files) instead of the textures themselves to protect his work from being exploited. These texture cache files are generated based on the video plugin and settings used on your local computer and therefore shouldn't be distributed on their own. It's basically a poor-mans method of obfuscation. Due to the video plugins being open source the texture cache can still be turned back into the original textures with a little bit of effort. Repackaging and distribution of altered textures is therefore still possible. A plausible reason for this to happen for example is people trying to target localized/master quest versions of the Zelda games.

Last edited:
OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Surkow,

I think that you have not understand why i have distribute .DAT or .HTC files.
When i have start retexturing , nearly 12 years ago , MANY people use all the work of other members to make there own retexture pack. Mollymut , Mdtauk , and many other worked really hard and some "kids" use this work without credits ans THAT is bad.

If you read the frst page of the topic , i give credits to the Community Retexture Pack for textures i use on this pack so...I don't know why people try to discredit work , effort and not only enjoy with the free work we give.

It take LONGGGG time to make this , some people here have contribute to many pack , even if credits not mention it , it an amator work , not professionnal and by the way , all credits go to nintendo so now we should stop this off topic and for every one :) : Enjoy with this pack.

I'm sorry for my bad english again , i'm french.

Thirteen1355

Why these pointless discussions? What would you guys achieve with them? Djipi, either get back to the scene, or just let it go, is my advice.
Why try to convince someone when you don't even want to make these texture packs anymore? Just leave it, you've done enough.

Mollymutt

He is just defending his honor and good standing here. When someone comes along and discredits all of the hard work he did on his packs, it's difficult to just blow it off. IMHO, his packs are the best ever made. As far as I'm concerned, he is beyond reproach.

Thirteen1355

Why does he need to defend it? Everyone here knows about his latest marvellous texture pack (which is made completely pointless because he didn't finish his Majora's Mask pack).

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
defend it? no. just an explication of the why.
For the Majora's mask pack, he will be never finish so maybe someone one day will finish my work or do an other :)

Thirteen1355

I really hope someone will finish your work someday. Maybe you could upload a tutorial video, so everyone can do it. I actually tried looking into it, but I don't really understand how it all works.
To be honest, I cannot play your Ocarina of Time pack knowing the next game (Majora's Mask) is just the old N64 game. For people who don't like MM, your pack is a gift from Heaven, but there are many people that think of OoT+MM as one big game.

Mollymutt

No one should finish your mm pack. Your style is so distinctive, that it would be totally obvious which textures were yours and which werent

Zelda8657

HI first I like to congrats djipi on making a beautiful texture pack like this.
I really enjoyed it when it first came out.
But I check back on this fourm and realize he's not doing the Majora's Mask one.
I understand if he does not want to do it.

But is there by any chance he could show us how to make these packs?

So Zelda Majora's Mask pack could get finished?

At least by one of us I'm even willing to attempt but I don't understand properly how the n64 Zelda textures formats are and all that.

Djipi if you can I sure hope one of these days you could show us how you do your work.

And I feel bad for all the disrespect you been getting on this pack because you done a really great job on it. :)

And I'm sorry if I bumped This Thread up a little too late but I just wanted to say what I said.

I wish you a happy life djipi and thank you for all your hard work. :)