Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is someone maintaining this mod still? There is a half year old post with skybox fix which still hasn't been included in the main package. Are there any other crucial fixes missing in the main package that I would fin d if I sweep through several pages of this thread?
    Last edited by miracle.flame; May 14th, 2017 at 14:55.

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    @death--droid
    Quote Originally Posted by miracle.flame View Post
    Is someone maintaining this mod still? There is a half year old post with skybox fix which still hasn't been included in the main package. Are there any other crucial fixes missing in the main package that I would fin d if I sweep through several pages of this thread?
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Project has been on a bit of a backburner for some time now, sadly I just don't have the same time available to me as i once did. The skybox fix isn't necessarily a requirement as it does work fine in Rice without it. Of course these days the vast majority of people would of moved on to using Gliden64, I do plan on eventually updating this texture pack, but have continually being putting it off as I've always wanted to retexture a large area so it was a substantial update.
    If you appreciate any of my work, please consider donating
    Donate via paypal

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your response death--droid. I find this texture pack still the best available for OOT N64. However There is one for Wii Dolphin emulator which contains several textures which are completely missing in this one. Most notably Link's house.

How do I find out what should be the file names for these textures acceptable by Gliden64 plugin?

Plugin Developer (GlideN64) Gonetz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You may enter the location of interest and dump textures using GLideN64. You will get the file names for textures acceptable by GLideN64.

The problem can be with textures, rendered by BgCopy comamnd, like this one:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gFmJGbH-C..._ZELDA_000.jpg

GLideN64 renders it as one big 320x240 texture in HLE mode, and as set of tiles in LLE mode.

If somebody created HD version of background textures, you need to check how it made: as one large texture or as set of tiles.
    Sorry for terrible English, my native language is C++

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh wow... At first I was convinced I have no chance as I hadn't slightest clue how to dump textures...

But in the end I have something. Most excellent!

Just had to figure it all out. I've used Luni's Texture Conversion Toolbox.

1. Had to load game with vanilla textures in Dolphin with option Dump textures in Advanced graphic options and walk around Link's house. The vanilla textures were dumped in Dolphin name convention in $Userprofile$\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Dump\Textures\D43E01\... This goes into Source textures on the left panel of conversion tool.

2. Had to load game with vanilla textures in Project64 with GlideN64 plugin, all texture enhancements disabled and Dump/edit textures in Texture pack tab enabled, then walk around Link's house. The vanilla textures were dumped in GlideN64 name convention in $AppPath$\Plugin\GFX\texture_dump\... This goes into Match textures on the right panel of conversion tool.

3. Had to enable Apply to mirror option in the conversion tool and set the path to "PZL\Areas\Kokiri Forest\Link's House" of the Collector's Edition HD Texture Pack V1.3 for Dolphin.

4. Convert to Output folder whatever, for example Project64's "$AppPath$\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\ THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Areas\Kokiri Forest\Link's House"

Tadaa! With turbo mode it took only a few minutes to complete.

However when switching the view in house from above (almost like the screenshot you've provided) that one is still vanilla. Final texture count is only 112 while the texture pack has them 128. I haven't even found any 320x240 texture of the area in neither dumps. I believe both emulations run in HLE mode instead of LLE but I am not sure. How do I check or switch?

Plugin Developer (GlideN64) Gonetz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You're right: GLideN64 does not dump background textures. It is just not implemented You still may dump it with RiceVideo.
    Sorry for terrible English, my native language is C++

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whew, it was a pain getting functional Rice Video plugin. There's a mess on the internet regarding this one, the versioning does not make any sense and it does not work with the latest Pj64.

In the end it turned out there is no hi-res texture made for the overview of the house yet. Which is odd because it's a single picture that makes sense and can be easily redrawn in a moment by skilled artist. Or at least I think so (maybe there is resolution restriction on this one).

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When about to climb the spiralling staircase to ganon, textures don't load right there at the door.

question, how many still areas like link's house, happy mask shop, hyrule square have been completed? I saw links house a few pages back, but what about the others?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've loaded this pack into Project64 2.3.202 using the included Glide64 plugin, and the game's logo is messed up in both the standard and Master Quest versions of the game.

After looking in the folders, I'm guessing some of the file names got swapped. What is the correct order?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZeldaLogo.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	40092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MQlogo.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	40093  
    Last edited by Lylat1an; October 10th, 2017 at 04:40. Reason: Added screenshots
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
    RAM: 16GB

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122