What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

Schn1ek3

Did someone know which Font are using in this Texture Pack?
I will make the German words ingame.
I missing 2 Pictures in the main menu "language" and "English" this is not in HD.
I have revised the main menu now it looks perfect except this 2 words

I can Upload the German one and the fix main menu :D

Thank you so much for this Texture Pack *-*

Zengobag

I just did something of use for the v6 pack only to find, AFTER registering, that you have changed to v7.. I'll just do it all over again now that I know.. Just a couple of tables for the community.. You'll see when I re-do them WHY I had to re-do them. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I just did something of use for the v6 pack only to find, AFTER registering, that you have changed to v7.. I'll just do it all over again now that I know.. Just a couple of tables for the community.. You'll see when I re-do them WHY I had to re-do them. lol

Just 3 files that could be of use and could even be added to first page by the mods/admin staff. It's a thank you for all your time spent doing this project and an easier way to update what has been added.

If the mht file doesn't work, here's a link on how it's done (For the mods/admins) -> https://smallbusiness.chron.com/embed-excel-spreadsheet-html-42699.html

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Change log of what has been updated? Or simply too much to list?

Also that damned letter P in "Press Start" never got fixed haha, Do we know if it's just an issue with naming? Or is it simply the capital P doesn't exist?

I've just chucked some files up regarding what's up above into a tabbed TXT file, an Excel spreadsheet and a mht file. Hopefully the xls/mht can be added above to make it easier to update and to read. It's just the code below the "Currently completed/partially completed Areas" above but made more readable.

Attachments

• Zelda - OOT Texture list (Tabbed).txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Zelda - OOT Texture list.xls.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Zelda - OOT Texture list.mht.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 185

krypton

Hello,

this might be a dumb question but i would like to know if someone could explain how i use this texturepack? I already searched for a tutorial but i couldnt find one thats up to date. I installed the GlideN64 Video Plugin for Project 64 but now i just dont know how to load the texture pack

sorry if this was already explained

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
i would like to know if someone could explain how i use this texturepack?
  • In your Project64 directory, open the Plugin folder and create a new folder "hires_texture" (without quotes, of course). Extract the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" folder and contents from the v7 rar file into the hires_texture folder. (If the THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder does not exist in the rar file, create it and extract.)
  • Open Project64, go to "Options -> Settings" and make sure that you have Glide64 selected under "Video (graphics) plugin". Click OK.
  • Go to "Options -> Configure Graphics Plugin" and tick "Show texture enhancement options" at the bottom if it isn't already. Click OK. Open the menu again there will be a new tab "Texture enhancement."
  • Under the "Texture enhancement" tab, on the right side under "High resolution textures", set Format to "Rice format". The default of the other settings should be fine, but be sure to tick "Save texture cache to hard disk" if you want to save a load of time in the future. Click OK.
  • Run the ROM. You should see a list of files being loaded. This will take some time if you are not using an SSD but will not be an issue in the future if you selected "Save texture cache to hard disk." Once loading is finished, the game will start. If the graphics do not look significantly improved or no files loaded before the game started, press the "R" key which reloads all of the textures.
And with that, you should be good to go!

krypton

• In your Project64 directory, open the Plugin folder and create a new folder "hires_texture" (without quotes, of course). Extract the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" folder and contents from the v7 rar file into the hires_texture folder. (If the THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder does not exist in the rar file, create it and extract.)
  • Open Project64, go to "Options -> Settings" and make sure that you have Glide64 selected under "Video (graphics) plugin". Click OK.
  • Go to "Options -> Configure Graphics Plugin" and tick "Show texture enhancement options" at the bottom if it isn't already. Click OK. Open the menu again there will be a new tab "Texture enhancement."
  • Under the "Texture enhancement" tab, on the right side under "High resolution textures", set Format to "Rice format". The default of the other settings should be fine, but be sure to tick "Save texture cache to hard disk" if you want to save a load of time in the future. Click OK.
  • Run the ROM. You should see a list of files being loaded. This will take some time if you are not using an SSD but will not be an issue in the future if you selected "Save texture cache to hard disk." Once loading is finished, the game will start. If the graphics do not look significantly improved or no files loaded before the game started, press the "R" key which reloads all of the textures.
And with that, you should be good to go!

Thank you very much Sir!

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
HELLO PEOPLE! Long time, no text!

I'm looking for support to use the retexture project with PJ64's OoT Randomizer builds and I'm coming into an error when I try launching it, is there an easy workaround or a build specifically for it? If not, it would be a great idea to make one, 'cause the OoT Randomizer upsurge is getting crazy and this would get crazy popular again now that emulation is the method to go for running it.

Just wanted to give my 2 pennies and ask for support on the matter at the same time. Thanks for being such a long-standing community!

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hi [MENTION=72400]turpinator[/MENTION],

Sorry for the late response, have been incredibly busy the past few years.

What error are you running into?

VinnyC

Any reason my "Press Start" is so hideous with the v7 pack?
zkxjEKw.png

Also, real quick, out of 4239 PNG files in the v7 pack only 4020 are actually being cached. I can provide a list of the PNG files that fail to cache to whoever would find it helpful. A lot of them are in the Fish Pond, Forest Temple, Hylia Laboratory, and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not sure why but some of the interiors either aren't loading for me completely, or they have this grid effect. I'm using Project64 2.3.2.202 with RiceVideo 0.4.4 RELEASE. I've tried deleting the cache file and having it rebuild it but it seems to keep having the same issues.

klQPsvt.png

vhMHCu2.png

C is missing from certain instructional menus

tBETBLW.png

So is A, and i'm not sure what other ones

HbhNggD.png

Jkr6PF3.png

Some hanging vines in Deku Tree are not present, looks like it loads a different texture, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#E2332BBF#0#2_all.png

OQnvUDQ.png

Map menu is missing icons for floor levels. In addition, the "Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly" is wrong

vnKK1Vh.png

Save Game screen is missing the texture

9PZclTL.png

What's going on with the tops of these trees?

qNRezOw.png

So, what I'm attempting to do currently is use powershell to compare and combine a few texture packs into one major one that's more complete. The v7 pack is a great starting point, but having just completed the Deku Tree and left Kokiri Forest, there are already over 1000 textures dumped. I'm having powershell compare file names of the dumped textures to the names of textures in Federelli's pack. If it finds a match, it copies in the texture from Federelli's pack. So far, this has corrected a number of the issues I've identified above, though not all. The only real way to do this thoroughly would be to complete the game and comb through the majority of areas to see everything that's dumped.

Here are a few examples
RFGwC37.png

t9yjjkU.png

Last edited:

VinnyC

Just posting an update as I've decided to devote a lot of my time to this. I've just completed Dodongo's Cavern in game and have identified and imported 99 different textures from Federelli's pack with Powershell. This fixed the save menu texture, the floor level icons in the map menu, and many various random textures here and there. In addition, I've made the following fixes:

1) Fixed the missing "Ocarina of Time" portion of the main logo
2) Reverted all fonts to the less goofy font so "Press Start" and the name entry screen looks consistent with the rest of the game / Corrected the issue with lowercase "P"
3) Added missing grassy vine textures in Deku Tree
4) Corrected the map screen to say "Inside the Deku Tree" instead of "Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly"
4) Imported BigHead's / Ronin's corrected Sky textures (no more white boxes)
5) Imported MikeZilla's interior for Link's house, fairy ocarina, etc
6) Updated Saria's Ocarina texture with MikeZilla's fairy ocarina texture
7) Created the yellow eye switch textures in Dodongo's Cavern by color shifting the existing silver eye switch textures in the pack
8) Created textures for Shooting Gallery and Bombchu Shop

This is all I can remember off the top of my head, but I plan on getting a lot more done in the coming days.

Last edited:

VinnyC

Painted a new magic bottle in Photoshop
tSNdeSd.png

Added a better picture for the Fairy Ocarina
5ZU0lcl.png

Created new banners for Lon Lon Ranch
7pQvcWG.png

New sign in Lon Lon Ranch
7yXx2HP.png

New carpet / floor / table in Lon Lon Ranch
iVpdNWY.png

New hay
NPLqMj0.png

New textures in shooting gallery
6FqVPVO.png

rNeDkfa.png

New textures in Bombchu Bowling Alley
Pwk7FZu.png

HJGAVEn.png

Last edited:

VinnyC

I fixed the missing buttons
tIbEw1r.png

To date I have created / corrected 69 different textures, imported another 100 from Federelli's pack, added in textures by MikeZilla and Bighead / Ronin from this forum, and have a friend who's started assisting me. We're up to 811 new / fixed textures.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hi VinnyC if you would like to upload just your corrected textures id be glad to include it in this texture pack.

It's great to see that people are still dedicated to improving Ocarina of time. Makes me keen to try my hand at re-texturing again.

I'm fairly sure I have a bunch of improvements I made in my copy that are in the current uploaded version.

Hopefully I'll have some time after work over the next few nights to dig it back out and maybe do some work as well.

VinnyC

Hi VinnyC if you would like to upload just your corrected textures id be glad to include it in this texture pack.

It's great to see that people are still dedicated to improving Ocarina of time. Makes me keen to try my hand at re-texturing again.

I'm fairly sure I have a bunch of improvements I made in my copy that are in the current uploaded version.

Hopefully I'll have some time after work over the next few nights to dig it back out and maybe do some work as well.

I've played up through obtaining the 3rd spiritual stone and have fixed / created as many textures as I could find along the way. At this time I've got a total of 1015 new / fixed textures. This includes fixes for missing menu items, map locations, buttons, and lots of environmental things here and there. I'll provide a link when I feel I'm at a good stopping point. Right now I have a good pace going and don't want to provide a partially completed pack.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Any reason my "Press Start" is so hideous with the v7 pack?
zkxjEKw.png

Also, real quick, out of 4239 PNG files in the v7 pack only 4020 are actually being cached. I can provide a list of the PNG files that fail to cache to whoever would find it helpful. A lot of them are in the Fish Pond, Forest Temple, Hylia Laboratory, and more.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not sure why but some of the interiors either aren't loading for me completely, or they have this grid effect. I'm using Project64 2.3.2.202 with RiceVideo 0.4.4 RELEASE. I've tried deleting the cache file and having it rebuild it but it seems to keep having the same issues.

klQPsvt.png

vhMHCu2.png

C is missing from certain instructional menus

tBETBLW.png

So is A, and i'm not sure what other ones

HbhNggD.png

Jkr6PF3.png

Some hanging vines in Deku Tree are not present, looks like it loads a different texture, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#E2332BBF#0#2_all.png

OQnvUDQ.png

Map menu is missing icons for floor levels. In addition, the "Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly" is wrong

vnKK1Vh.png

Save Game screen is missing the texture

9PZclTL.png

What's going on with the tops of these trees?

qNRezOw.png

So, what I'm attempting to do currently is use powershell to compare and combine a few texture packs into one major one that's more complete. The v7 pack is a great starting point, but having just completed the Deku Tree and left Kokiri Forest, there are already over 1000 textures dumped. I'm having powershell compare file names of the dumped textures to the names of textures in Federelli's pack. If it finds a match, it copies in the texture from Federelli's pack. So far, this has corrected a number of the issues I've identified above, though not all. The only real way to do this thoroughly would be to complete the game and comb through the majority of areas to see everything that's dumped.

Here are a few examples
RFGwC37.png

t9yjjkU.png

I already had that P and A fixed in the SourceForge repo for the CTP, along with the fixes for the zelda logo text, and some characters,

As for the indoors area's, these use a Glide64/Gliden64 specific stiching method that Rice Video doesn't support, I honestly recommend GlideN64 over Rice in general because its alot further along, and doesn't have some of the framebuffer effect problems that Rice is still known to have, such as the broken background of the Save screen, this is a framebuffer write/read effect.

Also going by memory, Federelli doesn't permit merging his work into other packs,
and wasn't the "use that C" icon only specific to GCN versions of the game?

Last edited:

djdiond

Has anyone considered porting these textures to Ocarina of Time 3D in Citra? It now has texture support.

High resolution textures on low polycount models can look a little jarring at times on the N64.

There is already an upscaled 3DS texture pack, but it retains the look of the 3DS version which is too bright and colorful. If we ported the N64 Community Texture pack to the 3DS version, it would retain the original N64 look but with way higher polycount and would look amazing.

MHunter280

I'm having a strange issue with the sky in Hyrule Field; The individual textures that make up the sky are all separated by a white grid around the textures. This happens with both day and night, but not the transition from day to night. An image of the night cycle from the opening credits is linked. https://i.imgur.com/y3JhEpK.png

EDIT: Figured out why, the game uses 256x256 textures to make up the sky. Somehow, the textures included in this pack does not fill the 256x256 pixel tile, leading to those white areas without any texture. My theory is that this can be fixed by simply opening every texture file in paint and stretching the texture to fill the full 256x256 space. I'll edit this post once I've finished to show the results.

Last edited:

Lykaios

I've played up through obtaining the 3rd spiritual stone and have fixed / created as many textures as I could find along the way. At this time I've got a total of 1015 new / fixed textures. This includes fixes for missing menu items, map locations, buttons, and lots of environmental things here and there. I'll provide a link when I feel I'm at a good stopping point. Right now I have a good pace going and don't want to provide a partially completed pack.

Hey Vinny, have you completed this yet?

xdanic33

Hi, I noticed organizing my texture packs some files like THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#531A7720#0#2_all were present in older versions of the pack, this texture was present in a 2009 version of the pack by DCS78, many of his textures are still there so I don't think he wanted to retire it, but rather this textures got lost at some point.

I don't know if that's the case for every texture thought, can I share all those missing textures I find that were there once? And if so where, rIght here?
I'll wait until I have them all organized, so I don't spam the thread.