What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
What seems to be the issue with this pack now-a-days?

I seems that many users are running into problems loading one of the most stable packs.
Is this an issue with the operating system (win 10), of something else?

Members with issues please post more specific info in reports.
  • What os
  • What emulator (PJ64 x?)
  • What plugin (Rice "reccomeded", Glide64, GlideN64)

cheezer

Windows 8
Currently using Project 64 2.3, but I've tried every other available release I could find.
Currently using Glide64 Finale, but I've tried every other version of it and Rice I could find (minus GlideN64 as nothing I do can get that to work in any capacity). What's the recommended version to use?

Each variation gives slightly different results, but the bottom line is always the same: Only about 75% of the textures load. It's only this pack I have the problem with. Depending on what combination I use the missing 25% seems to change very slightly (but the title screen is always missing text and sometimes the file select screen too). In some cases the missing textures are just the original textures, while in other cases no texture loads at all.

I don't have any problems with anything else, and I never have problems loading .DAT files that were saved with some version of Glide64.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
have you selected the Alt-texture calculation option?
[MENTION=63162]death--droid[/MENTION] as I don't play the zelda games I don't know if there any settings that are specific to this pack.
What are your settings we will mirror yours.

LoTechFo

"Loading unmapped space" error

I've just installed this retexture pack, and want to thank you guys for all of your hard work, it looks great!

I'm having a problem though: upon exiting Links bedroom ( at the very beginning of the game) the game crashes and I get an error message "loading unmapped space", at which point I have to force close the emulator and restart. I've tried several different combinations of plugins, pj64 versions, and settings. Does anybody know what is causing the problem or how to correct this error?

I'm currently using pj64 2.3 with the latest version of rice

LuismaSP

I seems that many users are running into problems loading one of the most stable packs.
Is this an issue with the operating system (win 10), of something else?

Members with issues please post more specific info in reports.
  • What os
  • What emulator (PJ64 x?)
  • What plugin (Rice "reccomeded", Glide64, GlideN64)

Emulator: Project 64 "latest svn build from emucr"
Plugin: Gliden64 "latest svn build from emucr"

My main problem is that the texture´s transparency is not working "no matter if i select the full transparencies checkbox" i can see problems mainly with the sky, and epona.

Note: Images attached.

Attachments

• GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_000.jpg
    GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_000.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 362
  • GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_002.jpg
    GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_002.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 517

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Emulator: Project 64 "latest svn build from emucr"
Plugin: Gliden64 "latest svn build from emucr"

My main problem is that the texture´s transparency is not working "no matter if i select the full transparencies checkbox" i can see problems mainly with the sky, and epona.

This pack was built before the transparency option was available thus the reason it is not doing anything for you. There was a fix for the split sky a few post up. Here it is!
@death--droid What would it take to get this compatible with GlideN64 or are you going to stick with Rice?

Last edited:

XpRienzo

Emulator: Project64 v2.3.0.210
Plugin: GlideN64 Public Release 2.0

Issue: pause menu dungeon map is bugged and won't let me see anything.

Attachments

• GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_003.png
    GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_003.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 1,439

cheezer

^^ I have the problem with the map saying I'm in Jabu Jabu when I'm actually in the Deku Tree also.

I've finally gotten to where Rice Community says all the textures have loaded and applied the Sky fix, but I still cannot get all of the logo to appear on the title screen. No matter what I do. It's just "The Legend of Zelda". No ocarina of time. Seems like a small issue but I haven't even played it because if it's not even displaying the logo who knows what other glitches it's going to have. (Just to be clear I'm sure it's something on my end I'm not complaining about the pack itself)

Also the moon wobbles oddly... But it seems to do this even without textures so I guess that's a problem with Rice 0.4.4.

UPDATE: I also finally got Glide64 Finale to load all the textures. But it still won't load the "ocarina of time" text. Just Legend of Zelda. This is very confusing and frustrating! I'd rather use Glide because it fixes the problem with the moon, but either plugin I use has the problem with the title screen text. Very strange and unfortunate.

Last edited:

miracle.flame

Is someone maintaining this mod still? There is a half year old post with skybox fix which still hasn't been included in the main package. Are there any other crucial fixes missing in the main package that I would fin d if I sweep through several pages of this thread?

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
[MENTION=63162]death--droid[/MENTION]
Is someone maintaining this mod still? There is a half year old post with skybox fix which still hasn't been included in the main package. Are there any other crucial fixes missing in the main package that I would fin d if I sweep through several pages of this thread?

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Project has been on a bit of a backburner for some time now, sadly I just don't have the same time available to me as i once did. The skybox fix isn't necessarily a requirement as it does work fine in Rice without it. Of course these days the vast majority of people would of moved on to using Gliden64, I do plan on eventually updating this texture pack, but have continually being putting it off as I've always wanted to retexture a large area so it was a substantial update.

miracle.flame

Thank you for your response death--droid. I find this texture pack still the best available for OOT N64. However There is one for Wii Dolphin emulator which contains several textures which are completely missing in this one. Most notably Link's house.

How do I find out what should be the file names for these textures acceptable by Gliden64 plugin?

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
You may enter the location of interest and dump textures using GLideN64. You will get the file names for textures acceptable by GLideN64.

The problem can be with textures, rendered by BgCopy comamnd, like this one:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gFmJGbH-...Ew/s1600/GLideN64_THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_000.jpg

GLideN64 renders it as one big 320x240 texture in HLE mode, and as set of tiles in LLE mode.

If somebody created HD version of background textures, you need to check how it made: as one large texture or as set of tiles.

miracle.flame

Oh wow... At first I was convinced I have no chance as I hadn't slightest clue how to dump textures...

But in the end I have something. Most excellent!

Just had to figure it all out. I've used Luni's Texture Conversion Toolbox.

1. Had to load game with vanilla textures in Dolphin with option Dump textures in Advanced graphic options and walk around Link's house. The vanilla textures were dumped in Dolphin name convention in $Userprofile$\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Dump\Textures\D43E01\... This goes into Source textures on the left panel of conversion tool.

2. Had to load game with vanilla textures in Project64 with GlideN64 plugin, all texture enhancements disabled and Dump/edit textures in Texture pack tab enabled, then walk around Link's house. The vanilla textures were dumped in GlideN64 name convention in $AppPath$\Plugin\GFX\texture_dump\... This goes into Match textures on the right panel of conversion tool.

3. Had to enable Apply to mirror option in the conversion tool and set the path to "PZL\Areas\Kokiri Forest\Link's House" of the Collector's Edition HD Texture Pack V1.3 for Dolphin.

4. Convert to Output folder whatever, for example Project64's "$AppPath$\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Areas\Kokiri Forest\Link's House"

Tadaa! With turbo mode it took only a few minutes to complete.

However when switching the view in house from above (almost like the screenshot you've provided) that one is still vanilla. Final texture count is only 112 while the texture pack has them 128. I haven't even found any 320x240 texture of the area in neither dumps. I believe both emulations run in HLE mode instead of LLE but I am not sure. How do I check or switch?

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
You're right: GLideN64 does not dump background textures. It is just not implemented :( You still may dump it with RiceVideo.

miracle.flame

Whew, it was a pain getting functional Rice Video plugin. There's a mess on the internet regarding this one, the versioning does not make any sense and it does not work with the latest Pj64.

In the end it turned out there is no hi-res texture made for the overview of the house yet. Which is odd because it's a single picture that makes sense and can be easily redrawn in a moment by skilled artist. Or at least I think so (maybe there is resolution restriction on this one).

shinra358

When about to climb the spiralling staircase to ganon, textures don't load right there at the door.

question, how many still areas like link's house, happy mask shop, hyrule square have been completed? I saw links house a few pages back, but what about the others?

Lylat1an

I've loaded this pack into Project64 2.3.202 using the included Glide64 plugin, and the game's logo is messed up in both the standard and Master Quest versions of the game.

After looking in the folders, I'm guessing some of the file names got swapped. What is the correct order?

Attachments

• ZeldaLogo.jpg
    ZeldaLogo.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 539
  • MQlogo.jpg
    MQlogo.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 445
Last edited: