What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

death--droid

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture V7

Downloads
V7 Pack
Please note, please do not redistribute this with other changes or other additions.
You require the latest 7zip to extract these http://www.7-zip.org/

Direct Download(s)
Download now

Please consider donating to help me dedicated more time to working on this texture pack :)
Donate via paypal :)

Authors
Code:
mode7
Chieftain459
DCS78 
Death-Droid
Driscol
Djipi
Mdtauk
Rice
Kalzenith
Necromagician
sick deal
Elratauru
Zeckron
Railroads
Lewa
chaoszerox
IanSkelskey
blooped out
Amon
TallgeeseIII
Federelli
steftheserb
AaronLite
missingno.
dutchMasta
stwstl5926
turpinator
Donbero
hyperion86
Emarian
nintendoknight
Phantom7

Contributor Information
Below is information that should help any new contributors.
Please note to read the TOS at the bottom of this post.

Currently completed/partially completed Areas
Please note this is not always up to date.
Code:
Area        Location            Done?    Remaining textures

Kokiri        Forest                Y    --
Kokiri        Link's House            N    Static Background
Kokiri        Saria's House            N    Static Background
Kokiri        House of Twins            N    Static Background
Kokiri        Shop                N    Static Background, shelves, items
Kokiri        Mido's House            N    Static Background
Kokiri        Know-it-All Bros. House        N    Static Background
Kokiri        Lost Woods            Y    --
Kokiri        Sacred Forest Meadow        Y    --
Kokiri        Sacred Forest Meadow Grotto    N    All

Hyrule        Field                Y    --
Hyrule        Grottos (wood walls & puddles)    N    All except water, grass, chest
Hyrule        Fairy Fountains    (all)        Y     --
Hyrule        Grottos (spider webs)        N    All except webs

Lon Lon Ranch    Main Ranch            P    House exterior, signs, exterior fences
Lon Lon Ranch    Tower                P    Floor, cows, all wood*
Lon Lon Ranch    Stable                N    Static Background
Lon Lon Ranch    House                N    All

Castle Market    Entrance            N    Static Background
Castle Market    Guard House/Poe Hunter's House    P    All except wood
Castle Market    Main                N    Static Background (young & old)
Castle Market    Alleys                N    Static Backgrounds (3)
Castle Market    Temple of Time Entrance        N    Static Backgrounds (2)
Castle Market    Treasure Chest Game        N    All
Castle Market    Bombchu Game            N    All
Castle Market    Shooting Game            N    All
Castle Market    Happy Mask Shop            N    Static Background, shelves, items
Castle Market    Potion Shop            N    Static Background, shelves, items
Castle Market    Bazaar                Y
Castle Market    Bombchu Shop            Y
Castle Market    Alley Room 1 (fat woman)    N    Static Background
Castle Market    Alley Room 2 (bearded man)    N    Static Background

Hyrule Castle    Field                Y    --
Hyrule Castle    Courtyard            Y    --

Temple of Time    Main                Y
Temple of Time    Chamber of Sages    Y

Kakariko    Village                P    Stair sides, bottom of well, some bricks, roofs, signs
Kakariko    Empty House/Potion Shop        N    Static Background, shelves, items
Kakariko    Kid's House/Bazaar        N    Static Background, shelves, items
Kakariko    Adult Talon's House        N    Static Background
Kakariko    House of Skultulla        P    All except webs*
Kakariko    Mayor's House            N    Static Backgrounds (2)
Kakariko    Windmill Hut            N    All except top walls*
Kakariko    Potion Shop 2 (rusted house)    N    All except steam from pots

Graveyard    Main                Y    --
Graveyard    Sun's Song Grotto        Y    --
Graveyard    Hyrule Shield Grotto        Y    --
Graveyard    Dampe's House            N    Static Background
Graveyard    Dampe's Grave            N    All but floor, bones

Death Mtn    Main                P    Red flag
Death Mtn    Grotto (cow)            N    All
Death Mtn    Great Fairy Fountains (all)    N    All
Death Mtn    Crater                N    All

Goron        City                P    Rope, wood, rugs, Darunia statue, wall holes, fabric
Goron        Shop                N    Static Background, shelves, items

Zora        River                Y    --
Zora        Domain                Y    --
Zora        Domain (Ice)            Y    --
Zora        Shop                N    Static Background, shelves, items
Zora        Fountain            Y    --
Zora        Fountain (Ice)            Y    --

Lake Hylia    Main                Y    --
Lake Hylia    Fishing Hole            P    Grass around side
Lake Hylia    Lakeside Laboratory        Y     --

Gerudo        Valley                P    Wood plank, some stone walls, stone-to-dirt transition, wood pillars
Gerudo        Fortress            N    All except ground
Gerudo        Fortress Interior        N    All
Gerudo        Wasteland            N    All
Gerudo        Desert Colossus            N    All

Sky        Day                Y    --
Sky        Dawn                Y    --
Sky        Dusk                Y    --
Sky        Night                Y    --
Sky        Evil/Gray            N    All

Dungeon        Deku Tree            Y    --
Dungeon        Dodongo's Cavern        Y    --
Dungeon        Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly    Y    --
Dungeon        Forest Temple            Y
Dungeon        Fire Temple            P    Needs to be checked over
Dungeon        Ice Cavern            Y    --
Dungeon        Water Temple            N    All
Dungeon        Spirit Temple            P    Needs to be checked over
Dungeon        Shadow Temple            P    Main textures done, finer textures need completing

HUD        Opening Menu            Y    --
HUD        Start/Equipment            Y
HUD        Start/Quest Status        Y
HUD        Start/Map            P Missing outer frame, Position Indicator
HUD        Start/Select Item        Y
HUD        In-Game Display            Y

The art aim
This Retexture Project has a style that everyone should follow if they wish to contribute here.
This project does not seek to add a wildly different art style to the game, but to refine the original,
keeping the original 'feel' of the game, and adding to what the original developers could not produce due to technical limitations (and money).
Not making major changes to what everything is interpreted as, and trying to refine the original into a new, upgraded version of the original is our goal.
Sometimes there are exceptions were the originals, or parts of them just don't fit, or make sense for where they are, or what they appear to be.
These are the only exceptions, and can be improvised and creatively worked upon, changing the original or part of it to something that makes sense, fits and keeps with the original 'feel'.
In the end it's the project management that determines if the texture makes it into the pack.

Terms of Submission
When submitting work for the Zelda OOT Community re-texture project you are agreeing to the following.
  • Artwork submitted isn't permanent, and is subject to replacement by work of higher quality.
  • We reserve the right to keep any work submitted in the pack and re-use it for any purposes we see fit.
  • You reserve the right to be properly credited for any work submitted by you.
  • You reserve the right to restrict the use of any work submitted by you to this pack.
If anyone dislikes this please just tell me or if you have a better written version please post it

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
It's about time! :D

Stuck!

For new members using GLideN64 with skybox issue download the latest repo.
Public release 4 is not the latest.

Download here.

Last edited:

wiiman119

Hello I just want to say thank you for this amazing project. I would have never thought this game could look so amazing. I am not much of an artist myself but i would like to contribute by reporting a bug...

1) In the great deku tree the map screen says its "inside lord jabu jabu"
2) Gohma's name has an artifact in the lower third of the print for the boss introduction. It appears to be a gap in the text all the way across.

Like I said above I'm no artist nor do i know anything about texturing but if I can contribute in anyway please let me know. as i admire what you guys are doing and would like to contribute.

Hellbringer616

Change log of what has been updated? Or simply too much to list?

Also that damned letter P in "Press Start" never got fixed haha, Do we know if it's just an issue with naming? Or is it simply the capital P doesn't exist?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Hello I just want to say thank you for this amazing project. I would have never thought this game could look so amazing. I am not much of an artist myself but i would like to contribute by reporting a bug...

1) In the great deku tree the map screen says its "inside lord jabu jabu"
2) Gohma's name has an artifact in the lower third of the print for the boss introduction. It appears to be a gap in the text all the way across.

Like I said above I'm no artist nor do i know anything about texturing but if I can contribute in anyway please let me know. as i admire what you guys are doing and would like to contribute.

Also that damned letter P in "Press Start" never got fixed haha, Do we know if it's just an issue with naming? Or is it simply the capital P doesn't exist?

I recommend dumping any problem textures and uploading them for the community to fix.
Also please describe where the texture is located, the issue that is encountered, and place into the proper file path.

Last edited:

IntricateD

missingmyfoodstamps
I Don't have much but I donated, and thank you!!

I don't have a lot of money due to being a broke student but today i just learned of retexturing and I love this game so much. I donated in hopes that maybe I just bought someone a beer (or coffee). Once I am done with exams, I would love to contribute to the project as much as possible. As Zelda is my favorite game, I have a solid connection to wanting to contribute any way I can. I am well versed and skilled in photoshop and would love to help out any way I can...

Cheers,
Lucas B

wiiman119

I recommend dumping any problem textures and uploading them for the community to fix.
Also please describe where the texture is located, the issue that is encountered, and place into the proper file path.

Is there a recommended format for the report I have located the problem textures but am unsure how to reference them.

F

Fanatic 64

Use Attachments (press Go Advanced and the Manage Attachments button) to upload the .PNG of the affected texture, and post it's name (THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA#*****.png), file path (starting from HIRES_TEXTURE\THE LEGEN OF ZELDA\), location in-game and describe the graphical problem.

IIRC, the problem with the "Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly" label in the map of "Inside the Deku Tree" is indeed a naming mistake. I don't know if there's a proper version of that texture in the pack.
And the P in Press Start (and everywhere) is low resolution. Where all the letters in the game retextured?

wiiman119

IIRC, the problem with the "Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly" label in the map of "Inside the Deku Tree" is indeed a naming mistake. I don't know if there's a proper version of that texture in the pack.

There are two identical textures in: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Language\English\Map\Dungeons

The two files have a gap of about two pixles between them. I am currently unaware if this is a persistent problem on all the boss names or if it is isolated to Gohma.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Language\English\Bosses - Complete\Gohma

Attachments

• THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#74DC49C9#3#1_all.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#74DC49C9#3#1_all.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,652
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#78325554#3#1_all.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#78325554#3#1_all.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,182
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#81B080F4#3#1_all.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#81B080F4#3#1_all.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,207
  • THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#700F5A67#3#1_all.png
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#700F5A67#3#1_all.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,289
Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

There are two identical textures in: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA\Language\English\Map\Dungeons

The two files have a gap of about two pixles between them. I am currently unaware if this is a persistent problem on all the boss names or if it is isolated to Gohma.

Thanks for pointing these out, the font still does need a bit of fine tuning as its hard to run through and test it all :) I'll go about in sorting those problems out.

I don't have a lot of money due to being a broke student but today i just learned of retexturing and I love this game so much. I donated in hopes that maybe I just bought someone a beer (or coffee). Once I am done with exams, I would love to contribute to the project as much as possible. As Zelda is my favorite game, I have a solid connection to wanting to contribute any way I can. I am well versed and skilled in photoshop and would love to help out any way I can...

Cheers,
Lucas B

Thank you very much for the donation, no matter how big or small it is, it is always gladly appreciated. :) Everyone is gladly welcomed to help out with the project and I will do my best to assist them :)

I'm having problems with my external drive that i store all my texture work + programs to texture with on thats slowing my progress down at this stage, hoping to save up to be able to replace it sooner rather than later :)

thesourcehim

Actually, there're a lot of textures that have identical IDs. Contents of those textures are sometimes also identical, sometimes not. I wrote simple console Qt application to find and if needed, remove duplicates. Review the code before using, because you may find that not all priorities app uses to remove duplicates are suitable for you.

EDIT: I can write more advanced graphical application to sort out textures, I'm open for suggestions, what it should do.

Attachments

• n64_fund_dups.tar.gz
    1.4 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

huy solo

I have an issue here: Many wall and rock textures are not working. I used PJ64 1.6 with Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

You need to use a newer version of Rice Video or GLide64. Old versions simply do not support the larger textures.
If anyones interested, going to try and finish lon lon ranch (minus backgrounds) completely.

Heres a texture i just did
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_D9_AEEA05_0_2_all.png

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Its as an image >.< Should be embeded in the page. No point in really downloading it, its a small texture :p

Ok need peoples thoughts, been playing aroudn with the grass texture as it can look a bit odd in certain areas, so i tried making one a bit more like the original.

ORIGINAL N64 Version
TEST_SHOT_TWO.jpg

ORIGINAL HIGH-RES VERSION
TEST_SHOT_THREE.jpg

MY NEW HIGH-RES VERSION
TEST_SHOT_ONE.jpg

wiiman119

Well I clearly can tell by your post format you intend for, and there probably is an image there, but my web browser isn't showing it lol.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

That's very odd, if you would like to see them ill throw them up on mediafire or something.

Cheers ExtremeDude2!!! :) glad you think so, thought it sticks to the original all better as well

D1n

Researcher
@ wiiman119 Yeah the pics show as broken thumbnails on my end too. There is a workaround though.
Right click on the thumbnail and chose open image in new tab and it should work. That is if you have the broken thumbnails in the first place
[MENTION=62158]death-droid[/MENTION] As for the texture, it is better than the first one but the color needs adjustment to match the original better imo.
It will be almost perfect if you drop the saturation just a bit and make it a little "cooler" :)