Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I've looked at the rom in xvi32, the hex editor I have, and notepad++, in both, where you'd expect it to say "ZELDA MASTER QUEST", it instead says "EZDL AAMTSREQ EUTS" (all minus the quotes of course.) Also, by plugin, you mean Mudlord's Rice Video Build 6.1.4 right?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ahh, that's your problem, you need to be using the latest Glide64 plugin. Rice video is good for dumping, but it doesn't load packs well, textures can appear blurry and I get graphical glitches just testing with it. http://www.emutalk.net/threads/54874-Glide64-Final

And as to editing the rom, I have no idea, I'd make a backup first, then change what you think will work. Or alternatively I've seen some mass renaming programs on emulation forums, but never tried them myself.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I found a Bulk Renaming Utility (actual name) for file renaming. The problem now is interesting. Rice loads the HD textures just fine, Glide64 doesn't seem to want to. Is there something I can do with the textures in Rice to get Glide to work?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or you could just byteswap the ROM. That would be easier

Zelda Edit works easily for this purpose

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, an update, Rice may load the textures, but from some tests, there are still some graphical issues. I could avoid those with Glide, but then I just get the stock textures. Also, and Idk if I can post this here, but I have someone else's texture pack for Majora's Mask, it works fine, but it really lowers the framerate. That one I am able to use Glide on. And I have a decent computer so I don't think it's that.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So umm.. I've gotten a little distracted from doing the backgrounds, and I've been texturing all over the place. I've redone the Master Sword slightly, so the cross guard is now coloured similarly to the handle. In layman's terms, the crossguard is blue now. It's not higher resolution though, I just reworked the texture we already had. Oh and I also fixed it up so that the sword is textured whilst in the pedestal as well!

I've also finished the Temple of Time. That means the stone tablets representing the seven sages, as well as the Light Sage emblem on the raised part near the entrance. Now because I've retextured these, that means I have high quality versions of the medallion designs, so should I just go ahead and redo the medallions whilst I'm at it or not?
    EDIT: Okay I tested out a new medallion and it turns out if you up the size they get cropped to fit in the pause menu, so I shan't be doing them!
    The light sage emblem by the entrance (it's an all white texture that looks like the light medallion) isn't working. It appears to work by darkening the texture underneath it on any blank pixels, and because of the way I made it, it doesn't work at all, so the temple of time is missing that texture
    Last edited by MikeZilla; February 10th, 2015 at 16:28.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I'm still working away (seriously I feel like this thread has become my personal diary of late). I've realised the light sage symbol I mentioned for the temple of time isn't the only texture that has this behaviour, there's one at each temple on a stone triforce. I'm yet to figure out how exactly they work though.

Here's a picture of the last ToT tablets I made, and if you look at the sword you'll notice the new crossguard texture too.
      Spoiler:

And here's an issue I found. At the entrance to the lost woods the inside of the log is textured, but inside the woods they are not. I can't locate the texture either so I figured I'd let you know.
      Spoiler:

Oh and one last thing, I've gathered up all the textures I created and put them into a separate folder with the same structure, so when you need them you'll be able to just drag and drop them.

Fanatic 64
    What plugin are you using to dump/replace the textures?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    What plugin are you using to dump/replace the textures?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeZilla View Post
    Ahh, that's your problem, you need to be using the latest Glide64 plugin. Rice video is good for dumping, but it doesn't load packs well, textures can appear blurry and I get graphical glitches just testing with it. http://www.emutalk.net/threads/54874-Glide64-Final

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Why isn't the OoT 3D Link already put into this? I've been trying to figure this out.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast