What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

F

Fanatic 64

The plugin hasn't been leaked (which is outright miraculous at this point). The normal texture format should be the same, it is the DAT format that has been changed if I understand correctly.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Sorry guys that I haven't been putting much attention to this lately and doing texture work as much as I should.
Been running into money problems lately so been trying to get a bit of income going.

Will hopefully have some time to work on this again in the coming days.

Also [MENTION=112354]MikeZilla[/MENTION], great job!, should definitely keep up the work!

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
death--droid: You say that as if it is your responsibility to finish the project. It is such a shame that most people are not still working on this. I went in with plans of filling in many small sets. I created a few textures to finish off Kakariko Village (mainly the roof and parts of the entrances) but then abruptly stopped, not even releasing those images here.

I am not sure if I mentioned this on here before, but because this project was such an "ahead of its time" undertaking, I often wished that someone from Nintendo would step up in approval and gather other artist support to aid in completing everything. But then, there is concern that Nintendo would have taken over and made it their project rather than one by this community.

Last edited:

Adaman

Loved the texture pack, thanks so much for putting the work into it, guys.

What's the most commonly recommended texture pack for Majora's Mask?

PetrucciJohn

Hey, guys. Amazing work from everyone on this pack! I would like to ask a question, though.

In an older version of the pack, I remember princess Zelda (adult) having different hair color, different eye shape, etc.. It looked rather odd, but still HD. In the newest version, I noticed she had her original N64 textures. Was this intentional because the HD ones looked odd?

Thanks in advance for any upcoming replies! Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

kakren2

so, i have enabled laa on project 64 however, even so, i've found that unless i enable texture compression in project 64, when using this texture pack, project 64 gives me an error saying "runtime error, the application has requested runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" when i try to load the texture pack. i want to be able to experience this amazing texture pack in full quality as intended, so i was wondering, is there a way around this?

Last edited:

PetrucciJohn

Have you looked at NES_player4LIFE's signature to find out how to patch your .exe file to use more than 4gb of RAM? That's what I did when I was having problems with loading textures and now I'm playing without any hassle on v2.2 of PJ64.

Last edited:

kakren2

Have you looked at NES_player4LIFE's signature to find out how to patch your .exe file to use more than 4gb of RAM? That's what I did when I was having problems with loading textures and now I'm playing without any hassle on v2.2 of PJ64.

yeah, i have patched it, that's what it means when i say i enabled laa, which stands for LARGE ADDRESS AWARE

kakren2

What do you have for system RAM?

6 Gigs of DDR3-1600 / PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM SO-DIMM
so, in other words, more than enough, and yes, my pc is 64 bit. other specs that may or may not be of importance to you is i have an I3 processor for my CPU and an integrated intel hd 3000 graphics video card with 2 gigs of Vram. so i have MORE than enough fire power. let me know if u need any more info.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

[MENTION=104683]PetrucciJohn[/MENTION] there are a few textures that were either removed or just stopped showing up in game for some bizarre reasons. This texture pack probably isn't as cleaned up as I would of liked it to be but sadly I don't have the time to dedicate to this project at the moment.

Though I do have an idea which might allow me to dedicate time to this project and actually produce a finished project. However it would mean having to start the project over from scratch, but there are a few advantages to that which i wont go through at this time.

Basically i want to see if anyone would be interested in a sort of subscription based system of $10 a month, if i have enough interest I would be able to dedicate almost full time to the project and be able to start a few others on games that have enough people interested in seeing re-textured. Of course it means ill provide a way of getting the textures as soon as i finish one so you can see the progress of the pack. Ill also provide all photoshop files, reference textures and allow the textures to be used for any other project royalty-free. (Which means you could technically end up with a couple of thousand of textures for use in whatever project you want)

Otherwise ill just have to try and find time every now and then which will mean the project may not get done for years unless some of the more active artists come back.

Cheers

Last edited:

kakren2

so, death droid, i've noticed the specs you've listed for your pc in your signiture, and i can't help but wonder, how much Vram does your GPU have? i'm gonna guess 3GB? and you only have a 120GB Solid State Drive? was the Samsung 850 Pro 512GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD too expensive for you? and with the setup you're running, one would think you'd go with Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz C11 Memory Kit unless, of course, your MoBo is only a mini ATX, in which case i completely understand. and as far as your choice in CPU goes, i find the Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor to be MUCH more efficient.

This is what you SHOULD be aiming for: Alienware Area-51 Gaming Machine - Intel Core i7-5820K 6-cores Overclocked up to 3.8GHz, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 2TB SSD + 18TB HDD, DVD Burner, 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Z with 24GB (2x 12GB) GDDR5 - Dual GPU Card, Windows 7 Professional (GOOGLE IT)

and let's be honest, windows 8, isn't all that great.... wait for Windows 10, the demo is pretty AWESOME!!!

and in case you haven't figured it out by now, i'm making fun of you, i tell you i hate it when people like you feel like they have to smear the internet with their pc specs like their marking their territory by pissing on it, you people really need to stop whipping out your ***** to see who has the biggest, 'cuz lets be honest, you're all really compensating for something else.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
and in case you haven't figured it out by now, i'm making fun of you, i tell you i hate it when people like you feel like they have to smear the internet with their pc specs like their marking their territory by pissing on it, you people really need to stop whipping out your ***** to see who has the biggest, 'cuz lets be honest, you're all really compensating for something else.

You are kidding right?
Posting specs has always been welcomed. Plus it allows members to understand what they may need for a system.

Regarding your issue post have you tried using Project64 1.6?

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Stops the requirement of having to post them every time someone asks. I would cut out your condescending tone if I was you, consider yourself cautioned.

Last edited:

kakren2

posting your specs for reference is one thing and there is nothing wrong with that, but posting them just to boast for bragging rights, is a pissing contest, and is annoying and ridiculous.

but back to the subject at hand, yes, i have used project 64 1.6 but let me clarify just in case i failed to do so in the first place, i CAN get the texture pack to work, but just not without the "compress textures" option enabled, what i'm trying to do is get the texture pack to work, without the "compress textures" option enabled.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

posting your specs for reference is one thing and there is nothing wrong with that, but posting them just to boast for bragging rights, is a pissing contest, and is annoying and ridiculous.

but back to the subject at hand, yes, and let me clearify just in case i failed to do so in the first place, i CAN get the texture pack to work, but just not without the "compress textures" option enabled, what i'm trying to do is get the texture pack to work, without the "compress textures" option enabled.

There only in my signature for reference, the two projects I work on from time to time here can both be directly related to computer specs, so it makes it easier having them on hand to quickly be able to compare between mine and others to see if its a hardware related problem or code related problem. Don't know where you have got this illusion that their there for bragging rights. Unsure why one would want to brag about computer specs either.

On the note of having problems with Glide64 if your talking about the "Compress texture cache" option, that shouldn't make any changes to the quality of the textures as it just compresses the texture cache itself. Its like putting it in a zip archive, so there should be no loss in quality. However if you mean a different option there is a variety of things that could potentially go wrong, my personal belief would be that the code isn't exactly friendly to large amounts of data. But then I don't really use Glide64, I have always ran into a plethora of problems with it so i tend to stay clear of it. I may see if I can try and reproduce the problem over the next few days when I have a spare moment.

kakren2

i must apologize, it seems that i have gone and jumped to conclusions,again... (i seem to have a problem with that.) i assumed the reason behind why you posted your computer specs without thinking that you may actually have a legitimate reason... as for people bragging about their pc specs, this actually happens ALL the time in the Techie world, BELIEVE me, lol! with body builders its all about who has the biggest biceps with car aficionados is all about who has the fastest car, and in the world of I.T. and on what some people may consider "nerdy/geeky" websites, the water cooler talk is all about who has the best pc specs, and frankly, i was just tired of it, lol, and i assumed that was what you were attempting to do. as for the video plugin glide 64, i use glide64 napalm, what video plugin do u use?
also i use the settings "rice format" "compress texture cache" (as you thought) but i also use the option "apply texture compression" what does that actually do? and would that option affect the quality of the texture pack in any way? project 64 crashes for me if i don't have the two compression options enabled when trying to use the texture pack

Last edited: