What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

MikeZilla

Check you've not borked something up in the settings. I don't know the menu off by heart by look for things like: 'Colour Correction' 'Shaders' 'Filters' and so on. Just turn stuff off and on until it works correctly :)

And I've finished Link's House, I'm just saving the individual textures and praying it all fits together nicely in game, screenshots soon :D

EDIT: Well it works, kind of
The problem is that the textures overlap, which means that I've wound up with some odd things happening... if anyone wants to take my .xmf and fix it up so the seams fit together, please do :p

Last edited:

survive9

Hey, can someone help me out with properly installing this texture pack? I made a folder named hires_texture for two different versions on PJ64 (1.6 and 2.1). I put them into their correct spots for both versions of the emulator because both loaded the texture pack correctly the first time i ran it. When I close the emulators and reopen them, only part of the textures are loaded and it is all glitchy. I am using the latest version of the Glide plugin for both emulator versions.

EDIT: It looks like all of the textures are not saved to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.dat file in the cache folder for some reason on either version. Can someone give me a download to their own THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.dat file for me to use, or you can just tell me how to fix the problem completely.

Last edited:

Adaman

Howdy, surprised I was registered here, first post in nearly 10 years :p

Anyways, thanks for this texture pack...really awesome, I'm glad the focus was to keep the look and feel of the game the same.

Question! I there a way to stretch it to be widescreen (1920x1080) or would that mess everything up? I know 4:3 is probably the standard. I got the two vertical black bars on the side, so the game is just in the middle. I'll be happy to play it like that, but I was just wondering if there is a way to have it take up my entire TV. Thanks again.

edit: LOL at my old signature. Funny to see what computer setup I had 10 years ago.

incrediblemulk9

Hey, can someone help me out with properly installing this texture pack? I made a folder named hires_texture for two different versions on PJ64 (1.6 and 2.1). I put them into their correct spots for both versions of the emulator because both loaded the texture pack correctly the first time i ran it. When I close the emulators and reopen them, only part of the textures are loaded and it is all glitchy. I am using the latest version of the Glide plugin for both emulator versions.

EDIT: It looks like all of the textures are not saved to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.dat file in the cache folder for some reason on either version. Can someone give me a download to their own THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.dat file for me to use, or you can just tell me how to fix the problem completely.

If you have Project 64 2.1, you should find in your C: drive and look under the folder "Textures" and place them in a folder titled "The Legend of Zelda" You will most likely need to make the exe. file Large Address Aware so Project 64 can allocate enough RAM for all the textures.

MikeZilla

So I finally did it :cry:
03DAtg0.png

It's blurry in parts where I've had to downsize and transform it to fit into the correct boundaries, but it works!
It's up in my folder I linked to a while back, here it is again to save some time :D http://www.mediafire.com/download/bmyo4oqsxtj7m23/THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA_-_MikeZilla's_contributions.7z

Adaman

Looks really excellent, MikeZilla.

Has anyone run into this error?:
CN64System::RunRSP. Unknown Memory Action Emulation Stop

I get it once in a while in OoT when pressing Start.

Visitor111

MikeZilla,

Do you know that those textures arent in the pack you uploaded?

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA - MikeZilla's contributions\Areas\Kokiri Forest\Link's House
is completely empty

MikeZilla

Silly me, I deleted the broken ones, and then forgot to add the fixed ones... I'm so professional :D
It's fixed now! At least it will be in two minutes once the upload has finished :)
All sorted!

Last edited:

survive9

If you have Project 64 2.1, you should find in your C: drive and look under the folder "Textures" and place them in a folder titled "The Legend of Zelda" You will most likely need to make the exe. file Large Address Aware so Project 64 can allocate enough RAM for all the textures.

I did make it Large Address Aware even before you told me. The game properly ran the textures the first time, its when I restart the game that the textures do not load right. Ive decided to use PJ64 1.6, as it runs the game a bit faster than 2.1.

Adaman

Are those still your specifications on your PC?

Luckily no, this is my sig from 10+ years ago, just keeping it for kicks, but I know it's confusing. I have a nice computer. I only get that error when pressing the start button, but not all the time. The game plays fine, just crashes once in a while, I can live with it, but it is an annoyance.

Adaman

What version of the ROM are you using? There are GS codes designed to stop "start" crashes.

It says v1.2, seems like every 10th pause/start it crashes, so I just do a save state before pressing start, but if there's a better fix I'm all ears

MikeZilla

Post a screenshot of what you mean, it sounds like it might be the overlap thing I found with Link's House's background.