Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Sorry for taking so long to reply. Been busy with various other projects lately.

Yes your correct in there no real conventions rather than trying best to capture the look of the originals as best as possible, and there is no issue with sampling other textures put forward for the pack since your using it for textures to be included in the pack.

Be awesome to have those backgrounds done! Seems to be the Achilles hill of most people is the backgrounds

Ummmmm, its kind of difficult, I tend to try and go for larger over smaller, since you can always downsize a texture with little loss of quality, but upsizing a small texture sees a huge loss of quality.

I tend to increase one side to 2048, so in the case of a 64x32 texture i would make it 2048x1024

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got it. And I have to say, I can see why these backgrounds are giving people trouble, trying to draw a 360 panorama isn't exactly as easy as I'd anticipated xD

I'm just hoping that when it's finished it'll look up to par with the rest of the pack, because looking at the other panoramas that've been finished I can tell they were done by someone with much more skill than myself.. Anyway, Link's house is proving a bit of an issue but once I've kludged something together I'll post a few screenshots and start work on the kokiri shop

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have a zip file of all of the interior textures, if you want me to upload them.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I figured I should share the progress I'm making. As you can see it's not exactly amazing and not hand-drawn either. I'm working with Gimp which has less creation tools and more editing tools, so I'm mostly working with textures and fitting them around to create as 3d an image as I can manage, hopefully when all the textures are in place I can add some hand drawn detail to make it match the rest of the pack.
    And out of interest, is there a higher quality version of the curtain on Link's house or should I create a new texture for that so it matches the inside once finished? The current one is a bit too small.
      Spoiler:

And Molly, do you mean you have the raw textures or that you have them arranged as layers in a .psd or .xcf file?
    Last edited by NES_player4LIFE; January 30th, 2015 at 22:42.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i have the raw textures for each pre-rendered background, separated in their own folder. They also have been through hi-res easer, so they have been numbered.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes that would be a huge help if you could upload those somewhere thank you!

Also, I've been texturing a few odds and ends as I've been going through the first part of the game, I've textured the back of the Deku Shield, the Fairy Ocarina, the Fairy Slingshot's first person view, and I'm currently going to fix up a few odds and ends (I've noticed dropped Deku Nuts load the original textures, and I've found the texture that should say 'Inside the Deku Tree' mentioned a few pages back, but I don't know which font I should use for that). So how would you like me to share these, upload to imgur and link them or upload to mediafire or the like?

EDIT: I've also realised a few other things that I'm having difficulty fixing. When you kill a Deku Baba the stick planted in the ground has a new texture, but when you hold it in your hand it does not. For some reason I can't seem to dump the texture for the hand held Deku Stick. I can't seem to rip the texture for the Deku Seeds either (I was trying to check whether they were retextured yet or not), but I've managed to dump the texture for dropped Deku Nuts and the icon that appears above Link's head when you collect a Deku Stick in the same manner I've been attempting. Any ideas?

Here's an image of the stuff I've made so far:
      Spoiler:

If you don't like the sheath brown I have it in blue as well, although personally I do prefer the brown
    Last edited by MikeZilla; February 20th, 2015 at 04:21.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here they are. Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you! I'll get working on those soon enough, it's only the backgrounds letting this project down right now!

Oh and DD, I've been fixing a butt ton of textures in the pack and now I don't know what I've changed anymore, should I just upload the whole pack for you to redownload with my changes? I've fixed things like the master sword not appearing retextured in it's pedestal and the Shadow Sage icon not being HD in the menu

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I've got the recent texture pack, and can't figure out how to use it. I couldn't use V6 either. I have Project 64 2.0, Glide 64, and Master Quest(E). I've done some texture renaming as a test, but still, nothing works, P64 still uses the stock textures. I've tried numerous fixes, P64 1.6, and even 1964. Any tips on what to do? If I have to rename textures, I'm ok, but even renaming a few should have an effect. (I've tried it with renaming the textures for the temple of time, and still looks the same.)

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    First of all, use a program to rename the Master Quest ROM's internal name from ZELDA MASTER QUEST to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, and the PJ64 will treat it as the original OoT cartridge.
    Secondly, make sure that you've selected 'Show advanced options' (or something like that) in the plugin settings, apply, then close and reopen and make sure you've checked 'us hd textures'.
    Third, make sure you have the textures in the correct place, it should be Project 64>hires_texture
    And finally, what worked for me, don't use any PJ64 except for 1.6.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast