What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V7

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmm yeah agreed on the desaturating, I'll have a bit more of a play with it soonish :)
Sorry that my work on this project seems to be few and far between.

dantemugiwara

I have a problem.

It does not load all textures (only something).

what is the best release project 64 and conf for this textures?

Last edited:

straightflushin

IT-SmartDesk-Good-Luck.jpg

I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you.

Baez

This pack looks fantastic!

I can't get these textures to work at all, however. I've tried both PJ64 1.6 and 2.1.

I'd love to post screenshots of the errors but am being denied.

The error is:
Code:
CN64System::EmulationStarting Exception caught
File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp
Line: 258

That error appears after it gets up to about 400MB of texture processing (~500MB with compression disabled).

I've tried every mix of settings I can think of and on two different machines. Both get the same error. I also have the VC++ Redist 2013 package needed, installed.

System specs:
Windows 7 SP1
Core i7 4790K
XFX R9 280X
16G 1600MHz RAM
500GB Crucial MX100 SSD

Anyone have any ideas on what else I can try? Much appreciated!

Last edited:

MikeZilla

So I was planning on taking a look at a few of the static backgrounds that are missing, but I can't figure out what texture corresponds to what in game. So far I've ripped the textures from Link's House, as that seemed like the best place to start, but I didn't realise the textures are fragmented into 64x32 tiles. Can anybody enlighten me on how to go about this? Thank you!

EDIT: Oh if it helps I'm ripping from Dolphin and not Project64, and just to be sure I'll go ahead and download that to see if that clears up the confusion.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmmmmmm not sure how Dolphin handles its textures. Rice Video provides a stitches together version of some backgrounds but not all.
Some you have to number them all then see how they fit together in game. Highrez easer provides a much more easier way of handling it.

MikeZilla

Thank you DD, I used Rice to rip Link's House textures, and it stitched together the overhead view of the room (I still had to spend all day organising the other 128 textures to make up the normal view thoutgh...)

Just to be sure, are there any conventions that I need to stick to other than keeping looking as close to the originals as possible? And I'm assuming that there's no issue with sampling other textures put forward for the patch, is that correct?

Anyway thank you for the help, I hope I'll be able to finish up the Kokiri Forest backgrounds but no promises yet :D

EDIT: I was just checking the pack to see how much bigger the new texture should be, and I've noticed that the texture sizes aren't consistent, what size should I be drawing in for an originally 64x32 texture? And sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Been busy with various other projects lately.

Yes your correct in there no real conventions rather than trying best to capture the look of the originals as best as possible, and there is no issue with sampling other textures put forward for the pack since your using it for textures to be included in the pack.

Be awesome to have those backgrounds done! Seems to be the Achilles hill of most people is the backgrounds

Ummmmm, its kind of difficult, I tend to try and go for larger over smaller, since you can always downsize a texture with little loss of quality, but upsizing a small texture sees a huge loss of quality.

I tend to increase one side to 2048, so in the case of a 64x32 texture i would make it 2048x1024

MikeZilla

Got it. And I have to say, I can see why these backgrounds are giving people trouble, trying to draw a 360° panorama isn't exactly as easy as I'd anticipated xD

I'm just hoping that when it's finished it'll look up to par with the rest of the pack, because looking at the other panoramas that've been finished I can tell they were done by someone with much more skill than myself.. Anyway, Link's house is proving a bit of an issue but once I've kludged something together I'll post a few screenshots and start work on the kokiri shop :D

MikeZilla

So I figured I should share the progress I'm making. As you can see it's not exactly amazing and not hand-drawn either. I'm working with Gimp which has less creation tools and more editing tools, so I'm mostly working with textures and fitting them around to create as 3d an image as I can manage, hopefully when all the textures are in place I can add some hand drawn detail to make it match the rest of the pack.
And out of interest, is there a higher quality version of the curtain on Link's house or should I create a new texture for that so it matches the inside once finished? The current one is a bit too small.
  Spoiler:
RgISLWf.png

And Molly, do you mean you have the raw textures or that you have them arranged as layers in a .psd or .xcf file? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeZilla

Yes that would be a huge help if you could upload those somewhere thank you! :D

Also, I've been texturing a few odds and ends as I've been going through the first part of the game, I've textured the back of the Deku Shield, the Fairy Ocarina, the Fairy Slingshot's first person view, and I'm currently going to fix up a few odds and ends (I've noticed dropped Deku Nuts load the original textures, and I've found the texture that should say 'Inside the Deku Tree' mentioned a few pages back, but I don't know which font I should use for that). So how would you like me to share these, upload to imgur and link them or upload to mediafire or the like?

EDIT: I've also realised a few other things that I'm having difficulty fixing. When you kill a Deku Baba the stick planted in the ground has a new texture, but when you hold it in your hand it does not. For some reason I can't seem to dump the texture for the hand held Deku Stick. I can't seem to rip the texture for the Deku Seeds either (I was trying to check whether they were retextured yet or not), but I've managed to dump the texture for dropped Deku Nuts and the icon that appears above Link's head when you collect a Deku Stick in the same manner I've been attempting. Any ideas?

Here's an image of the stuff I've made so far:
  Spoiler:
n7DEURm.png

If you don't like the sheath brown I have it in blue as well, although personally I do prefer the brown :D

Last edited:

MikeZilla

Thank you! I'll get working on those soon enough, it's only the backgrounds letting this project down right now!

Oh and DD, I've been fixing a butt ton of textures in the pack and now I don't know what I've changed anymore, should I just upload the whole pack for you to redownload with my changes? I've fixed things like the master sword not appearing retextured in it's pedestal and the Shadow Sage icon not being HD in the menu :D

SheosMan117

Hey, I've got the recent texture pack, and can't figure out how to use it. I couldn't use V6 either. I have Project 64 2.0, Glide 64, and Master Quest(E). I've done some texture renaming as a test, but still, nothing works, P64 still uses the stock textures. I've tried numerous fixes, P64 1.6, and even 1964. Any tips on what to do? If I have to rename textures, I'm ok, but even renaming a few should have an effect. (I've tried it with renaming the textures for the temple of time, and still looks the same.)

MikeZilla

First of all, use a program to rename the Master Quest ROM's internal name from ZELDA MASTER QUEST to THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, and the PJ64 will treat it as the original OoT cartridge.
Secondly, make sure that you've selected 'Show advanced options' (or something like that) in the plugin settings, apply, then close and reopen and make sure you've checked 'us hd textures'.
Third, make sure you have the textures in the correct place, it should be Project 64>hires_texture
And finally, what worked for me, don't use any PJ64 except for 1.6.