What's new

VSYNC issue with Glide64.

Strat-Mangler

It's distracting trying to play when the image is tearing constantly.

I have an ATI card with the latest drivers and CCC application. I've tried every Vsync setting within CCC and have Vsync enabled in the Project64 options but unfortunately still experiencing the issue.

Using Windows 7 and making sure I'm using an Aero theme for Vsync to work. Still doesn't.

Any ideas?

OP
S

Strat-Mangler

Looks like this forum is pretty much dead, but if anybody is having those issues, here's the fix.

The CCC is broken and enabling the Vsync option doesn't accomplish anything. You need to create a profile for PJ64 and enable vsync in that profile for it to work.

thanksbro

Just made this account to say thanks , it worked for me too :tup:

Funny thing, I was on the previous CCC driver version and it worked half the time without having to create a profile.

I am having another annoying problem though. The FPS meters report 30fps and 60fps respectively, indicating that performance should be good, however there is still lots of frame stutter. I am trying to play around with the frame buffer settings to try and improve performance.

F

Fanatic 64

Do not enable Read Every Frame, that's the performance killer.

thanksbro

Do not enable Read Every Frame, that's the performance killer.

Yep, and also "buffer swapping method Hybrid" was causing stutter for me. I put it back to New or Old, now its pretty smooth. Occasionally get some dropped frames here and there, but it's overall pretty good for emulation.

Now all I want is some really good high resolution CRT shaders and this Philips 40" 4k monitor to get that perfect CRT look