Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Playstation series Emulators with HD Texture support

Hi all, lets make 2014 and the start of 2015 a start of something special for HD textures and sprites for your favourite emulated games, although there isn't big a scene as N64 for HD textures, there are emulators out there that are just as capable, whether its built in, or with third party app's like everyone's favourite texture ripper and importer texmod and the new and improved umod.

Even though there has been no success so far with dumping and re-texturing PlayStation 1 emulation thankfully all is not lost, with psp and ps2 emulators getting more compatible and advanced.

Playstation 2

PCSX2
    With the use of third party app's depending on plugin used (for current version of pcsx2 plugin's, i recommend texmod, although umod can be used, however due to compatibility may crash.
    Textures may be dumped in a BGR format, and will require converting to RGB before they can be edited, this can easily be done with irfanview, which can also do batch conversions, and able to convert them back to use with the emulator.

PSP

jpcsp
    From version v0.7 allows internal texture modding, however at time of writing, the textures can only be the same size as the original, however this is one of the most compatible PSP emulators and can only get better.

ppsspp
    ppsspp now supports texture replacement from 1.3

Hopefully see some more added to the list in the near future, and updates to this guide.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gtpsp.png 
Views:	5866 
Size:	259.9 KB 
ID:	39291   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ppspp.jpg 
Views:	2388 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	39894  
    Last edited by LyonHrt; September 18th, 2016 at 01:08. Reason: New psp guide

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Woah, this is really cool! I was just looking this up the other day and nothing came up. I checked my phone today and Google Now linked me to this thread, awesome to see that there is some support for texture mods now! Thanks for sharing this info

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

PSX

Yep hopefully this will inspire people, and any questions feel free to contribute, heres another shot with some work on the megane for gran turisimo for psp running on ppsspp
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Nice work, I think I'll move this thread to the new forum
    Tag me @Martin and I'll get back to you ASAP

The Emulation64 Network offers you free hosting!
    Click here for requirements and contact info.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    update due to ppsspp now supporting texture replacement without needing third party apps
    https://twitter.com/thejoypad for news posts from emulation64, and my own personal projects. Follow me!
    HD NES packs for hdnes and mesen

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Nicely done!
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Awesome.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 12.4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice, good work.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i'll have a play and give results hopefully for the 1.2.3 release have a new forum to go with it (would love this forum to be the hub of all things emulator texture replacement!)
    https://twitter.com/thejoypad for news posts from emulation64, and my own personal projects. Follow me!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    As you can obviously see, 1.3 of ppsspp has been released (skipped the 1.2.3 lol) so i hope you guys show off your work here, hey even i might join your team on a project if you ask nicely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast