What's new

Arcade Emulators with HD Texture support (including with third party app's)

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Hi all, lets make 2014 and the start of 2015 a start of something special for HD textures and sprites for your favourite emulated games, although there isn't big a scene as N64 for HD textures, there are emulators out there that are just as capable, whether its built in, or with third party app's like everyone's favourite texture ripper and importer texmod and the new and improved umod.

Here are the current arcade emulators that do support HD Textures, if the emulator is not listed its either not supported or untested.

Onto the systems:

Naomi/2 emulation

Nulldc/NAOMI:
With using third party apps texmod and uMod (recommended) fully supports HD textures with the option of dumping and importing paletted and non paletted textures that allow hd textures to either have the palette controlled by the game or to have the option to use a high 32bit colour sprites/textures.

Demul
With using third party apps texmod and uMod (recommended) fully supports HD textures. However at time of writing, due to discontinued support of directx 9 only Demul v0.57 and below is supported.

Model 2

Model 2 Emulator 1.1a
The model 2 emulator has many advanced options for texture replacement built in including paletted and non paletted textures, and also has the support for pixel shaders

Model 3

Demul
With using third party apps texmod and uMod (recommended) fully supports HD textures. However at time of writing, due to discontinued support of directx 9 only Demul v0.57 and below is supported.

attachment.php

Atomiswave

Demul

Triforce

Dolphin
With the triforce branch of dolphin, fully supports dumping and loading of custom textures.

Hopefully see some more added to the list in the near future, and updates to this guide.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope to update the guide as much as possible, i do feel its unfinished, if you wish to copy it please credit me!
Because even though i don't know who you are, i will find you and i will kill you.....

Attachments

• scudm3tex.png
    scudm3tex.png
    947.5 KB · Views: 1,387
Last edited: