What's new

Looks like Facebook was down /Tapatalk issues/ 503s./New Emulatio64 server!

F

Fanatic 64

EmuTalk was giving me 503s a while ago.

Also, when I access on my phone, it shows a message in German asking me to install some app. Do you have any idea what it is?

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Hmm, that's odd. About how long ago was the 503 sent?

No. Don't install it! Emutalk is a English speaking site only and we have never asked users to install any app.

If I were you I would check your phone for viruses.

F

Fanatic 64

Tried on another phone, same thing. I dared press the marked button and it appears it wants me to install Tapatalk. Digging a bit, it appears this is installed on the server (support for Tapatalk), and apparently Martin misconfigured it to appear in German.

Tapatalk is a paid app (costs $3 USD), and I don't see anybody on EmuTalk posting from it (otherwise you would see a lot of posts saying "Sent from my [DEVICE] using Tapatalk 2"). If I could make a suggestion, I'd say just remove it.

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I have seen one or two members post using Tapatalk although I can't remember whom.
Thanks for doing the research.

F

Fanatic 64

The last instance of "Sent from my * using Tapatalk *" was posted by death--droid on May 1, 2013. In fact there are only 10 posts containing that phrase, all made by death--droid or Dekki64.

I guess that confirms a low usage rate.

F

Fanatic 64

For the last few hours EmuTalk was giving me 503s or timing out.

F

Fanatic 64

Reminds me how the PJ64 Forums show a error like "The database has encountered a problem and needs to close" every now and then.

Martin

Administrator
Hey guys. Just done moving to a new server, let me know if you find any issues with it :)

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Wow, welcome back!
How much free space do we have of the drives now?
What do we have for RAM?

Last edited: