EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are currently 4 members.

Me (Sean)
    Daniel (via email)
    Richard (via email)
    James ( a new guy)

Both Daniel and James have been quiet for sometime. I think they both have knowledge with emulators. I mainly have been working on the device from the controller point of view. I can send it commands with my Bliss-Box adapter. The place where I left off was the command to record speech. I do not have the n64 console or ever played the game but from what I know you press Z to speak. When this is done in an emulator or real game, some command is sent to the unit. All I need to know is what command that is.

There are only 3 types of people that can get that info for me.

1) Someone that develops emulators, they should see this somewhere.
    2) Anyone with the game console and an Logic Analyzer
    3) Someone who already knows it

I think 2 is the best option as I have exhausted 1 and there are no 3's. I eagerly await a reply.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok thx to James's findings progress has been made. Though we need to hash out some details.

first how is this going to even work? My plan (my knowledge about the VRU is limited)

Using player one on an emulator connect a n64 controller.
    Using player 2 connect the VRU (assuming this is how it was done)
    When the user presses Z on player one send a custom FFB command
    My adapter will receive this unique command and wait for speech (x seconds)
    Then using the HID buttons, display the code or codes. (I could read up to 4)<- is that enough?
    The emulator then can read the button data.
    If more codes are needed, and if Z is still pressed send a continuation command and read 4 more.

The FFB trick is best because no drivers will be needed. Yes it will be unique to my adapter but any other adapter can use the same trick, plus it's not like any other adapters out there use the VRU currently. If it catches on we could always find another solution. Most All n64 emulators use FFB already. My adapter already uses the custom FFB to received LCD data for dreamcast and what not so it's an easy way to get up to speed. Plus I plan to use that for n64 data transfers.

Comments please? Like I said, these are guesses on what I know.
    Last edited by ulao; Today at 17:05.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456