Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkoner View Post
    Exactly what issue are you having?
    All I need from that game, is the core developer to echo debug info from the raw data going out to the ports. Preferable with filters, so I can minimize the traffic.

Layman's. When the game sees the z button getting pressed (port 1), it sends a single to the VRU(maybe port 4, coudl be 2 or 3). That signal I need to capture.

It's possible however unlikely that the controller plugin will be enough. I think the plugins are inputs modules only and do not capture data going out from the game, hence the need to make a special plugin for the adaptoid.

Either way, we need a developer at this point. As far as development goes, later we will get it working with the idea mentioned earlier. Though first step is what data does the game send to the controller when z is pressed (voice capture mode) to initiate the voice recognition of the VRU.
    Last edited by ulao; April 23rd, 2016 at 18:33.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scratch that, in chance a developer came to me. He is going to continue developing pj64 and other projects with the 4-play in mind and was hoping for a sample to work with. I asked if he would help us and he said he was actually hoping to add VRU support anyways. He plans to use n-rage. The VRU will be working soon! I have a good feeling about this. More to come.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ulao View Post
    Scratch that, in chance a developer came to me. He is going to continue developing pj64 and other projects with the 4-play in mind and was hoping for a sample to work with. I asked if he would help us and he said he was actually hoping to add VRU support anyways. He plans to use n-rage. The VRU will be working soon! I have a good feeling about this. More to come.
    Awesome, glad things have worked out with that, and actually once we have N-Rage support I should be able to port the system over to Mupen64+ without too many issues, main problem for now is figuring out what the game expects to get back and such.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He also does dev work on Mupen64++ I hope to get him to pop-in on the forums here but no promises.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im sorry if im being rude but is this project finished and working yet???

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanie View Post
    im sorry if im being rude but is this project finished and working yet???
    No, it's ok, not rude. It is being working on behind the curtains. I encouraged everyone to post progress on the board here but they prefer email. Sadly the hurtles are with the game code and emulation so little work can be done on the actual adapter yet.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all,

Just wanted to say I've been using PJ64 for over a decade now and no news on it has ever had me so excited as when my google search to see if anyone had figured out how to emulate the mic properly led me to this thread. Big ups to everyone here who's been working on the project. I can't wait to hear more on the progress of this project's development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wanted to say congrats to both Falknor and the rest of the people involved with the microphone emulation.

Reading this really made my day as "Hey You, Pikachu" was a game I really enjoyed as a child.

although I have a rather quick question, would there happen to be anything pertaining to the N64 microphone in the released N64 Devkit maybe? Not sure what the site rules are towards putting the link of the dev toolkit up since it is owned and copyrighted by Nintendo, but it would be great if it could sort of help with this project

image.prntscr.com/image/f0ad521f36bf4aed96058dfaee1145ce.png
    image.prntscr.com/image/f5c7d8c30dfd415999de31bc66be25a8.png

{images would not post, so I had to resort in plaintexting them}
    Last edited by ss4gogeta0; October 6th, 2016 at 23:40.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most of the info from the kit has been talked about in various forums. I have the kit myself and it's of no help really (at least for my part in this). All I need is a dev that understands emulation. The key is what is in the game.

Think of it this way. There is a road and a car drives down that road carrying a box. The dev kit will tell you what the road is made of, its name, and age. It will tell you what types of cars you can drive on it with. It will also go in to detail about the car. As for the box, it only knows it contains something but that something is vague. Say in this case, a letter. The game knows what is on the letter but not the kit.

I need to know what is on that letter, once I have that we have communication from the adapter and can begin talking in the mic. Somewhere in the game code there is a string. This string tell the mic to listen for a word or sentence. To get the game to send that sting, you press the Z button. That is all there is to it at this point. Once we get that part understood we'll move to the next.

Again this is for my part in this, making the emulator work without the actual mic is not where I come in, nor do I have any interest in that. I would think you could use the built in speech engine and use that is a supplement but that is not my area of expertise. Though, I would think the same is needed, you still need to know when the game sends this code. At least I would think that is the case.
    Last edited by ulao; October 25th, 2016 at 02:40.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been eagerly watching this thread for a year or so. Really hope you guys are able to get it working soon! Awesome work!

If at all possible, can we get a status update?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast