What's new

Configure Mupen64plus to use Glide64mk2 in the OpenEmu launcher environment

telverston

Ok, so i'm relatively new to all this, however, I do know my way around computers in quite a comfortable way.

What I've got set up successfully so far:

Machine:
imac 27" with 8GB ram 3.5 ghz i7
NVIDIA 780M with 4 gigs ram

Software:
OpenEmu—experimental build with Mupen64Plus
running Rice and Zelda Ocarina Of Time v1.0 with community-built high-res textures loading working very well.

The problems have been only slight, until I got to the lens of truth. This exhibits the clearly known issues with Rice and lens of truth. Things that are supposed to disappear do not, etc.

So, on to making Glide64mk2 the video driver of choice...

I can't work out how to do this from within the mupen64plus.cfg file.

I opened the Mupen64Plus package, I can see my Rice.so plugin, and just below it, in the Mupen64plus package [OSX], sits Glide64mk2.so

I tried simply moving the rice plugin out of reach, but then it won't launch, and complains of inability to talk with a "helper program" — not sure if this dialog is generated by OpenEmu, or by mupen64plus.

At any rate, It seems that I should be able to edit the Mupen64plus.cfg to tell it to use the glide64mk2.so instead of Rice, but I can't work out the precise syntax to do so. I have tried several things including adding a section about what directory to look for plugins, and then specifying that Glide be used as shown below. But still fails, and loads Rice persistently instead.

The command line argument is:
Use: --gfx mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2
But I'm running it out of OpenEmu, and not at the command line

so i tried a version of this:

---------------
[UI-Console]

# Directory in which to search for plugins
PluginDir = "./"
# Filename of video plugin
VideoPlugin = "mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2.so"
# Filename of audio plugin
AudioPlugin = "mupen64plus-audio-sdl.so"
# Filename of input plugin
InputPlugin = "mupen64plus-input-sdl.so"
# Filename of RSP plugin
RspPlugin = "mupen64plus-rsp-hle.so"
-------------

I had left as is, but also when that failed, I had modified the plugindir to be what I thought was correct, and still nothing.

Anyway, Rice continued to load instead, and the Lens of Truth continued to fail.

-------------

So maybe I should be posting this in the OpenEmu thread, but since I am able to edit the .cfg file for mupen64plus, I thought I would ask here first.

Below is my default .cfg file, without my previous attempts at loading glide shown.

IDEAS? I'd love some pointers. Yes, I am aware that Glide will not load high-res textures this way, I commented that part out, even though it was in the rice section.

BTW, OpenEmu configured my N64 controller via USB perfectly. Very nice.

# Mupen64Plus Configuration File
# This file is automatically read and written by the Mupen64Plus Core library

[Core]

# Mupen64Plus Core config parameter set version number. Please don't change this version number.
Version = 1.010000
# Draw on-screen display if True, otherwise don't draw OSD
OnScreenDisplay = True
# Use Pure Interpreter if 0, Cached Interpreter if 1, or Dynamic Recompiler if 2 or more
R4300Emulator = 2
# Disable compiled jump commands in dynamic recompiler (should be set to False)
NoCompiledJump = False
# Disable 4MB expansion RAM pack. May be necessary for some games
DisableExtraMem = False
# Increment the save state slot after each save operation
AutoStateSlotIncrement = False
# Activate the R4300 debugger when ROM execution begins, if core was built with Debugger support
EnableDebugger = False
# Save state slot (0-9) to use when saving/loading the emulator state
CurrentStateSlot = 0
# Path to directory where screenshots are saved. If this is blank, the default value of ${UserConfigPath}/screenshot will be used
ScreenshotPath = ""
# Path to directory where emulator save states (snapshots) are saved. If this is blank, the default value of ${UserConfigPath}/save will be used
SaveStatePath = ""
# Path to directory where SRAM/EEPROM data (in-game saves) are stored. If this is blank, the default value of ${UserConfigPath}/save will be used
SaveSRAMPath = "/Users/windfire/Library/Application Support/OpenEmu/Mupen64Plus/Battery Saves"
# Path to a directory to search when looking for shared data files
SharedDataPath = "/Users/windfire/Library/Application Support/OpenEmu/Cores/Mupen64Plus.oecoreplugin/Contents/Resources"
# Delay interrupt after DMA SI read/write
DelaySI = True
# Force number of cycles per emulated instruction
CountPerOp = 0

[Video-Rice]

# Enable hi-resolution texture file loading
LoadHiResTextures = True

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 11.09.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 11.09.23 PM.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 5,632
OP
T

telverston

Ok, so I have tried a few more ways to edit the Mupen64plus.cfg, but it still loads Rice instead of Glide. Does anyone know how to do this here?

Thanks in advance

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, this has been answered by the kind people supporting OpenEmu

Their port of Mupen64plus only supports Rice currently.