What's new

After all these years, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon still does not work.

knuxyljdw

I have tried all the latest plugins, why is this game not set as the model for these GFX plugins? Most of them have graphic glitches when chosing memory pack slot and lag to 30fps when the beginning movie starts (the bird), and in town lags and glitches constantly. Way too much time has passed for this amazing game to be ignored. This is the best game on the N64 to me, it is like a combination of Zelda and Mario, with Japanese Edo period music. Great soundtrack, great storyline, great graphics, great gameplay. I just wish people would pay more attention to this game when trying to make a graphics plugin.

The problem is not my computer and is not my settings. I have done and tried everything on multiple computers. This game has just been ignored by the graphics plugin community. Most other games have worked fine, excluding Bomberman 64. Someone please bring this game back from the dead. I spent a lot of my childhood with this game and would love to play it again. The N64 emulator on the xbox plays this game better than the emulators on the PC, but still not perfect and I don't own an xbox anymore.

I want to try this new GlideN64, but it seems like it was a scam because I am not seeing any download anywhere.

F

Fanatic 64

Well, at least it's not like the Star Wars games which do not work at all.

And GLideN64 is still under development.

AIO

I want to try this new GlideN64, but it seems like it was a scam because I am not seeing any download anywhere.
Not sure if troll or illiterate... Go read it again and come back...

I have tried all the latest plugins, why is this game not set as the model for these GFX plugins?
Because no one who actually codes, cares about that game.

The problem is not my computer and is not my settings. I have done and tried everything on multiple computers. This game has just been ignored by the graphics plugin community. Most other games have worked fine, excluding Bomberman 64. Someone please bring this game back from the dead. I spent a lot of my childhood with this game and would love to play it again.
Since HLE is apparently no good, then use LLE. Problem solved.

The N64 emulator on the xbox plays this game better than the emulators on the PC, but still not perfect and I don't own an xbox anymore.
Skeptical... Considering most emulators & plugins on xbox are ported from pc... Lets not forget how old the xbox is?

V1del

Just tested the intro and co real quick, Glide64 Final can play this just fine, especially the intro case you mentioned as having problems, so I don't know from which basis you're coming from? Also side note, no dev of anything emulation related should focus on only one game, that's dumb and will lead to problems later down the line when you are trying to tack more compatibility onto it later on. Also never rule out your specs or settings especially if you don't know what could actually have an impact on anything... So what ARE your specs?

Last edited:

Clements

Rice video has been able to run this game pretty well for many, many years if you use the correct settings. Glide64 Final does the best job with the game and a modern system, but needs much higher requirements to do so.

OP
K

knuxyljdw

still waiting after 2 years. even the daily builds of project64 do not do well. what the hell. The laptop I played and beat Zelda Wind Waker on cannot play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. This is absolute proof it is not computer specs that are the problem, but some problem with the code. Seriously if they want to perfect N64 emulation, Pokemon Stadium 1-2 and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon compatibility should be top priority. I wonder how many other fixes will happen with other games once they do that.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
still waiting after 2 years. even the daily builds of project64 do not do well. what the hell. The laptop I played and beat Zelda Wind Waker on cannot play Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon. This is absolute proof it is not computer specs that are the problem, but some problem with the code. Seriously if they want to perfect N64 emulation, Pokemon Stadium 1-2 and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon compatibility should be top priority. I wonder how many other fixes will happen with other games once they do that.

Please Open an issue HERE and HERE

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The problem here is a combination of lacking documentation and a major difference between the design of older 3d capable consoles (pre-gamecube) and modern GPUs. Mystical Ninja is just one of those borderline cases, just like Yoshi's Story and a couple of others that do weird stuff with the N64 hardware.

Not much you can do apart from 3 things:

1. Use a plugin specifically designed to work around some issues, Rice's video is that plugin, try various versions, old and new.
2. Ask N64 emu developers for a fix and wait until it's done, might be 2 more years or more.
3. Learn coding and fix the issues yourself.

That's pretty much it.