What's new

majoras mask timer problems

TCRanch

when doing the beaver minigme I noticed the timer was running at 2x the speed. ive tried changing the cf but nothing happened. no one else on here has gotten an answer and ive seen 4 different post about this. what do I do?

F

Fanatic 64

I don't know. There have been many values suggested in the Project64 forums, but it'll be hard to find the thread with the one that worked.

Try changing it in increments of 25.

Imgema

Retro Hoarder
You can set the VI refresh rate to 1500, and disable fixed audio timing in rom settings.
As a matter of fact, it is advisable to disable "fixed audio timing" in every single game and just use a third party audio plugin to fix sound pops. Fixed audio timing screws up frame rate and causes unstable VI/s. Stable 60VI/s should be the norm for all US roms. Fixed audio timing causes it to go anywhere from 58 to 62, which should make your games stutter more than they normally do.

The same could be said for the VI refresh rate value. If you look at PJ64 1.7 settings, 1500 is the default. This value is also the default one in Retroarch's Mupen+ core. And since 1500 also fixes the timings/speed in many games on PJ64 2.0 (not just Zelda), i'm pretty sure it should be the default, correct value.

OP
T

TCRanch

As a matter of fact, it is advisable to disable "fixed audio timing" in every single game and just use a third party audio plugin to fix sound pops. Fixed audio timing screws up frame rate and causes unstable VI/s. Stable 60VI/s should be the norm for all US roms. Fixed audio timing causes it to go anywhere from 58 to 62, which should make your games stutter more than they normally do.

The same could be said for the VI refresh rate value. If you look at PJ64 1.7 settings, 1500 is the default. This value is also the default one in Retroarch's Mupen+ core. And since 1500 also fixes the timings/speed in many games on PJ64 2.0 (not just Zelda), i'm pretty sure it should be the default, correct value.

Thanks! got it to work! plus im less of a newb now. next, I have to fix the green lines in legend of dragoon... which ive been working on for 3 days now... lol.