What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

[GUIDE] Extract .dat Glide64 Texture Packs

sagrado7

I extracted all the png files to a folder named THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, i put the folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Project64 2.2\Plugin\GFX\hires_texture" but the plugin GLIDEN64 don't load the textures. Why???

Raresoft

i have to use glide format to retexture and im trying to follow the tutorial step by step. But when trying to use "make" an error occurs:

Makefile:27: *** No zlib development libraries found!. Alto.

i cant continue with the tutorial. :(

blazin109

heres all the zlib packages you must download using the cygwin setup in order to do the "make" command and proceed (it's right here in the link at the end of my comment), I have confirmed it all works out great! :) I Know this will help all! I just continued to trial and error with cygwin on windows 10 64 bit to emulate n64 via project64 x64 because I have the latest gliden64 dev x64 plugin release and also azimers hle audio plugin x64 but i was always unable to load the 100+ hires texture packs I downloaded from Gaming Revived's discord channel's provided links because I needed a x64 version of mupenplus RSP plugin and I was never able to ever find one no matter what I tried, only x86. The hires texture packs are all half and half (50% .htc and 50% .hts) and I really needed to find the correct way to continue following the provided guide in order to convert .htc and hopefully .hts to hires texture pack 'FOLDERS' and I'm on the final steps trying to convert one pack, Banjo Tooie.htc I'm on the step of just about being finished converting the .bmp's to .png's and then deleting the .bmp's and hopefully get it to load with the folder, I already know the names the folders need to be named because it says it right in the .htc/.hts file..Man, I feel so overjoyed that I finally got around that"no zlib development libraries found" error which would prevent me from creating the .gliden64_cache_extract.exe file which is just awesome and I felt like I just had to share it with everyone and anyone who happens to be wanting to achieve the same thing we are following this guide for, it's great! :D You're welcome.. UPDATE: JUST FINISHED THE TUTORIAL ON THE BANJO TOOIE hires texture pack and it worked out flawlessly with project64 latest dev x64 build you can get x64 and other neat tools and emulators from http://www.emucr.com/ ;) and the x64 version of project64 with the hires textures and reshade enabled at 8k resolution 60Hz in full screen, no lag whatsoever! better performance than the standard x86 releases whether stable or dev from the project64 website. I own an intel i9 9960X oc@ 5.1 (16 cores/32 threads), 64 GB DDR4 RAM oc@ 3600MHz and an EVGA geforce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING gpu oc@ +100MHz on the core clock (thats all i can do with it using the evga precision x1 oc application) the tutorial was absolutely perfect!! :D:D:D:D

LINK TO ZLIB PACKAGE NAMES TO DOWNLOAD VIA CYGWIN SETUP:

Last edited:

Tayn't

heres all the zlib packages you must download using the cygwin setup in order to do the "make" command and proceed (it's right here in the link at the end of my comment), I have confirmed it all works out great! :) I Know this will help all! I just continued to trial and error with cygwin on windows 10 64 bit to emulate n64 via project64 x64 because I have the latest gliden64 dev x64 plugin release and also azimers hle audio plugin x64 but i was always unable to load the 100+ hires texture packs I downloaded from Gaming Revived's discord channel's provided links because I needed a x64 version of mupenplus RSP plugin and I was never able to ever find one no matter what I tried, only x86. The hires texture packs are all half and half (50% .htc and 50% .hts) and I really needed to find the correct way to continue following the provided guide in order to convert .htc and hopefully .hts to hires texture pack 'FOLDERS' and I'm on the final steps trying to convert one pack, Banjo Tooie.htc I'm on the step of just about being finished converting the .bmp's to .png's and then deleting the .bmp's and hopefully get it to load with the folder, I already know the names the folders need to be named because it says it right in the .htc/.hts file..Man, I feel so overjoyed that I finally got around that"no zlib development libraries found" error which would prevent me from creating the .gliden64_cache_extract.exe file which is just awesome and I felt like I just had to share it with everyone and anyone who happens to be wanting to achieve the same thing we are following this guide for, it's great! :D You're welcome.. UPDATE: JUST FINISHED THE TUTORIAL ON THE BANJO TOOIE hires texture pack and it worked out flawlessly with project64 latest dev x64 build you can get x64 and other neat tools and emulators from http://www.emucr.com/ ;) and the x64 version of project64 with the hires textures and reshade enabled at 8k resolution 60Hz in full screen, no lag whatsoever! better performance than the standard x86 releases whether stable or dev from the project64 website. I own an intel i9 9960X oc@ 5.1 (16 cores/32 threads), 64 GB DDR4 RAM oc@ 3600MHz and an EVGA geforce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING gpu oc@ +100MHz on the core clock (thats all i can do with it using the evga precision x1 oc application) the tutorial was absolutely perfect!! :D:D:D:D

LINK TO ZLIB PACKAGE NAMES TO DOWNLOAD VIA CYGWIN SETUP:
hello dont you now if is there a way to extract the content of an hts file? if you know one please tell me it would help me a lot! thankyou~