Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Meh this thing is old... and that processor is bad, well yeah, the open source nouveau drivers just arent that good for smooth 3D, but it could also be that the processor is simply too slow, how is your processor usage while emulating? if you can rule out the processor, try one of the 304 ones (doesn't matter which they are both the same) if that didn't work try the 173 one. If any of the proprietary nvidias work and it still stutters it's probably the processor that struggles

Graphic programming enthusiast Narann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see you use Gallium 0.4 on NV96. I never succed to have something running well with it but I guess it's just my personal experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloIamJayMan View Post
    And first of all, none of the drivers are recommended, and second, when I tried switching to a different driver, well...let's just say that it took around 45 minutes to get my computer booting properly again rather than just going into an eternal black screen
    I think you should dig into this. The fact you can't choose your driver properly is weird. Can I suggest to ask for this particular problem on Ubuntun forum or Ubuntu IRC.

Sorry to make you run elsewhere, please try to fix this and tell us if it solve your problem.

Sorry for the non answer...

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you know what? I think I just need a new GPu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12